Chapter 28, The Lecture

Newt told me to meet in his hut. My hands were sweating and I was very pacey. I couldn't stay put. I had tooken at least 10 laps inside the hut before he got there. He took less than a minute to get there.

He walked in with a very serious look.

"Hi." I said trying to mask my nervousness.

He pointed at a chair,

"Sit." He said.

I obeyed. Newt had never been so serious it scared me a bit.

He cleared his throat.

"Y/n. I appreciate the gesture of you saving Alby. Really I do. But I still don't like what you did. You ran out not thinking of the people you left behind and I think you knew dam well that there was HUGE possibility you wouldn't come out alive!" He said.

He made eye contact with me and it was so hard to keep it.

"Bu-" I started.

His stare got even harder and I immediately shut my mouth.

"And now you're gonna be a runner. Do you understand how hard this is for me?! Sending you back out there not knowing if you're gonna come out especially now that Grievers are attacking in broad daylight." He said his voice choking a bit.

I stood up. I walked over to him and we were only a finger span away from each other.

"Blondie, I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry. My intention was far from hurting you. I would never want to hurt you okay? I love you. And I promise you that I will do everything I can to come back in one piece alive. I promise you that everyday when I come back, you will always be able to hug me, kiss me. Whatever you want. I'm all yours and only yours. I will take care of myself. I promise." I said making eye contact.

He grabbed me gently due to my stitches and he kissed me passionately. I ran my hands through his hair and his explorer my back and fell to my butt.

We stopped for air.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you more."

"I love you most." He said with a smirk.