Chapter Twenty-two

Angel's POV

When Lucas told me we will go out to start with the training sessions , I didn't expect us to ride his workplace . He told me we will be training somewhere else , because the house gym didn't have enough equipments  which I was surprised because that gym has everything a gym should have ; but what I didn't know  we will be going to his workplace  the famous one he owns .

I stare at the building as we drive closer the closer we drive the taller the building gets which is understandable , because that building has twenty floors . I turn to Lucas anxious .

" Why didn't you tell me we will be training at Cargo trade ?" I say, panicking .I am not dressed for being here!

He frowns, " I did tell you that we will training somewhere else . " I give him an incredulous look .  "you didn't tell me we will be going at your workplace , Lucas ! I'm not dressed for this ! " 

His eyes rank down my body longer than necessary making me feel hot all over . He finally slowly removes his gaze off message , like it is paining him to do so , to lock his eyes with mine . " you don't look bad to me " he says his voice hoarse .

I ignore the heated moment that just occurred and the warmth still spreading inside me and scoff , " you say that while I'm about to walk in a Billion dollars worth business building where I'm sure everyone looks like they just walked out of a freaking Vogue magazine ! "
" I'm dressed the same as you , you know " he says softly trying to comfort me .

I roll my eyes " you are the owner of this building literally anything you wear makes it seems expensive and appropriate " I look at his outfit all he is wearing is a grey  sweatpantswith a matching hoodie , Air Jordan retro 11 and  black sunglasses on his head . His brown hair is brushed backwards . He looks so hot and yet he is dressed casual . My outfit is similar to his , I'm wearing white sweatpants with a black sport bra under a black sport tank top  that clungs onto my chest with , a white crewneck wrapped around my neck and with some sportshoes .

He gives me a knowing smirk " you are not wrong " I roll my eyes again . The car finally halts infront of the building " hey, " Lucas says softly " it's going to be fine . I'll be here " all I do is nod .

He comes out of the car and opens my door then guides me to the entrance . He didn't have to show nything at the ID section because they directly make way for him once he removes his glasses . They stop me when it is my turn though .

" She's with me " Lucas says in a authoritative and intimidating voice to the guy who stopped me . The clark nods not after giving me a questioning look probably asking himself what a person like me is doing with someone like The Lucas Armani .

Once we pass through that section , and finally through the rotating doors , we step in the lobby . All eyes are settled on us as everyone halts Lucas holds my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze as if sensing my uneaseness . I send a grateful smile his way .

As we walk straight to the lines of elevators , greetings towards Lucas embarks .

" Good morning Signor Armani "  can be heard to each employee we pass .  Each one of them wearing expensive looking clothes I see Chanel bags , Prada jewelries  , classic attire.  I can see other employees eyeing my attire giving me an odd look .

I'm  so underdressed for this .

A brown haired women with hazel eyes suddenly appears infront of us .

" Good morning Mr Armani. " she says all tha t came out was a purr . I want to laugh but I restrain to .

" Morning Maria " he gives her a nod of acknowledgement he drags me to the elevators , she quickly catches up . " Here is your schedule , sir . You have a meeting with Mr Romano and the- "
" I remember telling you to reschedule the meetings , Maria " Lucas says not sparing her a glance . " But sir, we have been rescheduling the meeting for the whole week . They say it's important " she quicken her pace trying to keep up with him . " It can wait . I have much important issues to attend " he glance my way and I blush .

The PA glance at me and scrunch up her face in disgust " Oh ," I raise a my eyebrow in question , daring her to say something about it . " So all that can wait . I'll be busy for next few hours . Please , don't disturb . " he says in a final tone and enters the elevator I follow him .

Once it close , I turn to him " you gave off the impression that we will be doing something inappropriate . " He looks down brings his face close to mine with a suggestive smirk . " Do you want us to ?" He says it lowly , I muster up a sound between a scoff and a chocking sound . " No " I croak out blushing , suprise by his question . " Then we won't " He leans back unaffected and press a black button below the number zero , the floor we are at . I frown .

" Where are we going ?" I look up at him ," That's  where the gym is  ." The elevator starts
to move down , my eyebrows raise in suprise " it's underground ? You have an underground gym ? "  " It is a passage that leads to the gym , " " That's where all the big stuffs are "

The elevator opens and we step out . " Why ?" I ask curious of all this . We walk up to a silver door where Lucas press his fingers to the small tablet next to the door . He place his face infront of it  where it scans it and his eyes . I look at it , impressed by the advance technology .

The silver door opens once a green light shines upon us indicating that we are good to go . The door reveals a long one way corridor .

" Sorry about that . And to answer your questions , it's for the workers who needs to hit the gym " he says as we walk through the endless corridor " Hit the gym ? I thought all they did was type on computers and write paperworks gr" he turns to look at me . " Not all workers are allowed there , Angel " there is a glint in his eyes , which tells me there are more secrets to his words .

Why does it feels like he's not exactly who I picture him to be ?

***
Hey guys !

This chapter is a short one i wanted you all to have a peek of how Cargo Trade  is .
Writing this chapter has been exciting for me. This has to be one of my favourites chapter  so far . Idk .

Maybe it's because of the secrecy hanging in the air   , of the  curiosity Angel has towards Lucas' other side   , Maybe it's because of the few steps closer they are  to reveal their true identity to each other. It just excites me all , I can't wait to write more .

What is your favourite chapter so far ?

There is more to come .

Comment down , vote and share this story too !

Love
~ Esther~