Chapter eighteen

Angel's POV

After we arrived at the house I decide to
help the girls bath. We are in one of Lucas' house the same house I first slept over after the attack . I shiver at the thought .

What if it is them? I quickly dismiss the thought , it can't be . I did everything to stay hidden to make us stay hidden . We have been doing that for six years it can't go downhill not right now , not when everything is going well Papa' s health is getting better not now that we finally settled financially not now , it just can't be.

" Angel, is my water warm already?" Heaven ask bringing me out of my thoughts " yes it is sweetheart you can get in now" I reply make my way out of the bathroom " No! Don't go ! " She exclaims  I turn to her " you need to bath sweetie " I say confused " it is scary in here plus I can't bath by myself " she says with pleading eyes " I can't give you a bath Heaven not without your father's permission " I reason with her " why don't your sister gives you a bath I'll be here with you and to instruct her , alright ?"  " Okayy"

After we have all freshen up we go downstairs to make something to eat since it is already in the afternoon and the girls only had breakfast and lunch I directly start to make dinner for us something consistent. When done eating we decide to all go to sleep we have no energy after all this. " I will be sleeping next  room if you need me" I say referring to the bedroom I first slept in this house " Herm, can we sleep with you ? It's a bit scary staying here alone after what happened ,  if you are okay with that" Halo ask shyly avoiding eye contact with me . " I don't mind honey , you are welcome to sleep with me"  Heaven reach out to me I grab her and carry her to the bedroom Halo following closely behind us . I go change in my own clothes into sweatpants and a tank top and lay down on the bed.

Heaven snuggles into me flush against my chest then Halo lays stiffly on the left side of the bed. I extend my free hand and patted her arm waving her over . She hesitantly shuffle to me and snuggles in Heaven's back . I absently stroke her head has she goes stiff again I go to remove my hand from her head but she snuggles into my hand silently asking me to leave it there my eyes and soften at that and I continue to stroke her hair until it lures her to sleep and I go to sleep too.

I am waken up by the feeling of someone hovering over us to see the light brown haired head belonging to Lucas . Feelings of safety washes over me and that is scary me . It is scary me that I find safety in him after only knowing  him for a short time and I just hope I don't regret it later .

He sense my gaze and turn his head to me " Hey ," he says coming towards me after giving one more kiss to the girls head . He leans over my laying position and kiss my forehead my eye flutter at the feeling of his lips after a long time . I slowly rise up carefully removing my arm under the girls head  " We need to talk ."

~~~~

Lucas POV

" What happened?" ask Angel . I stare at her for a moment trying to find any indication of the attack but nothing but worry etch on her face " After I arrived in Russia a .... friend of mine called me to tell me an information about you "  she looks at me in question " an information ?" " Yes , he found out the Mexican and American Mafia are after you " I finish dragging the last few words waiting to see her reaction " they are after me , why " she asks alarm " they want you dead Angel ." It is silent for a moment and I starting to think she knows exactly who they are personally and why .

" Do you have any idea why ?" I press trying to make her tell me the whole story behind this maybe that is related to her past that I have yet to know . " No , I do not know . The news is .... new to me , " she takes a shaky breath " Scary . I don't know why they want me dead I have never seen or had contact with one of them heck I don't even know how they look like why would they kill me for ?" Angel frowns in fear " That is what I am trying to find out  I thought you knew why " " No I don't " 

" I wonder how he got this information in the first place . Why they told him that and not just came to me in a way to  threaten me . I mean , that is the most logical thing to do . " Angel
goes silent for a moment then she speaks again , " Does your  friend knows them personally ?" "Knows Who?" I ask suspicious to what she might have come up with " The Mafias ? Is he close  to them ? "   My eyes widen " No, I don't think s- " she cutts me off  " if not then he is one of them  " She concludes her face full realisation . I start panic " No , I doubt it . Maybe they couldn't get access of you or me so they came to him knowing he was close to me and maybe he was an easy access too . " I try to talk to her out of it . To something so close that could reveal my identity .

It is not that I don't trust Angel , I do . After everything that happened to my daughters she stayed bedside them and put their safety first and that made me trust her more . I just want to make sure I can trust her for something like this too . She is slowly becoming something important in my life and I just want to reveal all myself to her already and that is scary me . It is scary me that she might not see me the same way anymore because of what I do I just want to trust her with my fears I want to make sure she won't run away from me and break me . She has become too important to just leave .

She suddenly sigh and throws head back on the couch ' s head " then I have to go back I cannot put y'all  danger again it was my fault we got attacked yesterday I have to go back home to my " I shake my head " No , you can't go back it will put your dad in danger too they can easily track your house since it's in town it's not safe for you or your father  and that attack was out of your control  ," she frowns " but they were after me i caused this" " I should just leave find an apartment away from you all it is better ." Angel gets up and start to back away

" No stay with me ." I say before I can stop myself . Angel looks up at me in suprise " what?"  " Stay with me , at my home " say again questions start to draw on her face " I can keep you safe . I have security system in one of my houses that is hard to hack it has been updated and  we will move out since that house has already been located by them and I have hackers they can help you keep track of their whereabouts " I propose " that is if you are okay with that and comfortable too . I wouldn't want to put you in a situation where you're uncomfortable or where you feel like you  don't have a choice ,  because you do you always do " I quickly add nervous . The fuck ?

Her eyes goes wide and she looks up at me in suprise her doe eyes full of adoration " you would do that for me ?" For a moment I stop thinking and just look at her beautiful heavenly face structure I clear my throat " of course , I think I made it clear since the beginning Angel , I always want to keep you safe and will always keep you safe " I clarify , as long as she is under my watch i am making it my duty to keep her safe . Her eyes soften  and I don't think eyes could glow that much but hers are proving me wrong " thank you , but I have to inform my dad first "  I nod in understanding. She rises on her tiptoes and kiss my cheek " Goodnight , Lucas" with that she turns and walks away moving her hips in process . My heartbeat start to speed up . Damn it . It was just on the cheek nothing more .

What is she doing to me ?

***
Hi guys !
I hope you are all doing well because I'm  now . I have been sick for a while and I spent valentines day on a hospital bed but I'm better now my exams are over so I have lots of time to write .

How did you find this chapter ?
Lucas proposal was really surprising lol he really wants Angel to be by his side all the time .

I have realised that their relationship is going a bit too fast they have only  meet few months ago and now they are planning on living with each other they trust each other too much . But ,we should at least give them the benefits of the doubt about their trust for each other .

Don't you all think ?

What do you think will happen now ? How will her father react ? She is daddy's girl after all .

Hope you enjoyed this chapter  it took quite a while for me to finish it .

Don't forget to comment on your favourite parts I want to hear from you .
Vote ,
And share this story too !

Thank you !
( Not edited)