chapter seven

Walking down the quiet dark valley for ten minutes . Ten more left.   I can feel eyes watching me I look back and see nothing but darkness . Strange. I hunch my duffel bag's strap on my shoulder and quicken my walk until someone knocks me on the ground.

I feel a strong pain on the side of my head and I could  hear weird noises . I open my eyes and saw Lucas on top of me he pulls a gun out of his pocket and shoots someone from the distance. The weird noises... I was being shot at .

Lucas pulls me up and directs me to a wall. " Stay here and don't move " he says in alert . Who does he think he could order ? My stubbornness gets the best of me " No I need to go home  now " I sternly  " there are men armed you can't leave ye-" I grab a wooden bar and throw  at man in black aiming his gun to Lucas' head . It hits him in the head . I don't know where that thing came from .

" we can't stay here , my car is parked on the next street you go and I'll clear your way to there"  as much as I hate it when he orders me  I follow his direction to his car he gives me his keys and I run to the car.

Few minutes later he climbs in the car and we quickly drive away . I look back to see who they were but they were all wearing  black masks but , what stood out was the flame on the forearm .

The car ride is quite the air was tense all you could hear sound of the wind" how did you know I was being shot at ?" I ask " not even a thank you first?" glance my way giving me a questioning look" I didn't ask you to stop by and save me I can defend myself "
" That wooden bar wouldn't stop the bullets from coming would it ? " " but with it I managed to knock over the man that tried to stab you and that saved you " " I guess we are equal then " he gives  me a mock smirk . I'm m really starting to dislike him

. " I was driving back home then I saw men with guns following you so decided to stop by and save you from dieing" " do you know them ?" he ask "no " I lie.

I know that gang I grew up with them but I wouldn't just share my life story with a man I barely know .

" whoever they are they were trying to kill you so it not save for you to walk in that area " " that is the only way  to my house"   Lucas shrugs , sparing me a look" then you have to look for another way back "

" where are you taking me" I ask him as I see him taking the main road " somewhere safe , my house ." I feel anger rising in me ." I didn't ask you to take me there " Lucas sighs " do you rather go back walking to the same area they tried to shoot you or go to rest somewhere safe?" I keep quiet" I will  drop you off first thing in the morning  "

We arrive  at a huge house that was lighten up by the street lights to say that the outside isn't beautiful enough the inside is mouth dropping . I expected the  girls to run around the house but it is quiet " your daughters aren't here?" " There are at one of my houses"  Lucas answers

" you can sleep here for tonight . My bedroom is down the hall if you need anything I'll be downstairs " he says , showing the third door down the hallway I nod and I look down at my clothes .

This is not for sleeping .

He goes inside his bedroom and comes out with a t- shirt and sweatpants " Just incase you want to change out of your clothes" he hands it to me " they are brand new , I keep clothes in here just in case I want to crash in"
" thanks"  he enters in his bedroom and I do the same .

The bedroom is painted in white and grey just as the furnitures . I put my duffle  bag on the bed and look for my phone, it isn't there. 

I groan, it must have fallen out when the incident happened " this day is the worst " I say to myself.

I look down at the clothes a bit sceptical to wear it . I look at the tag price and smell it . Definitely new. I go inside the bathroom splash some water on my face and change into the clothes it is way too big so I  thighten the waistband of the sweatpants then fold the sleeves of the T-shirt .  walk out to go downstairs

" Don't worry  bambina I will be back tomorrow ." Turning around the counter to see Lucas on phone .

" But who is gonna put us to bed ? " I hear a child say " yeah dada and the rocket chip" " Uncle Marc will do it " They all protest " It's bed time now you have to sleep , goodnight girls" he waits a moment before hanging up .

" Eavesdropping aren't we ?"  He says without even looking back  " I was not eavesdropping "

He turns around raises an eyebrow " whatever you say  , dinner is ready

"  Dinner?" " Yes I made dinner for you " I look at him suprise he cooked it for me "aren't you hungry ?" " I'm hungry , thank you "

I inspect the food first then said a silent prayer ." It not poisonous you know " Lucas says , snapping me out of my thoughts." I know that ."

A few seconds pass as we eat until I break it " why do you have a  gun in your pocket ?"  I ask . He looks up at me and smiles " For protection ."

" Protection? You have enemies or something? " I frown . " You can say that " He nods

" what do you do for a living? " I ask again. The feeling of  wanting to know more about his life takes over .

" What is up with the questions ? "  He chuckles ,I look at him suspiciously .
  " It it is hard to trust someone who walks and just shoot someone  like it's a piece of cake i  just have to make sure " " of what?" " That you are not a psycho"

Lucas just smirks  " I'm a business man ,  my business is cargo trade I'm sure you heard of it"  my eyes  widens he is THE ArMaNi?! He is the most famous man in Italy " yes I'm THE ArMaNi now you know who you're dealing with" " that doesn't faze me "  I say keeping a straight face continue to eat in silence then my eyes gets  heavy .

What time is it? I finish my food  he takes  my empty plate  and place it in the dishwasher he switch off the light then walk out I do the same he direct me to my bedroom

"Goodnight  ,Angel"
" night"

I enter the room and lay down on the bed sleep directly seeps  in
***
Word count 1175
Not edited