chapter seventeen

Angel's POV

" Stop searching ,we found them"

Found us?

I grip the gun tighter "Do not take a step forward" I say lowly still aiming the gun at them .
" We are not going  to hurt you  Miss Reed"  one of the armed men says my name that alerts me " move out of the way or I'm going to shoot " I press the trigger slightly

" Boss man sent us here no need to worry" he lowers his gun . Lucas did say say he will send guards but I won't let my guard down.

" Here ," he passes me a phone
" Angel it's okay I sent them " I hear Lucas voice speaking through  relief washes over me  " pack the girls and your bags and follow them in the car they will drive you somewhere safe " he instruct
" Alright , but what happened? Why the shooting? " I ask ' I will tell you on the way to the house first get ready . It's not safe for you all to stay there " Lucas says "Okay."

I give the phone back to the guards and stand up carrying Heaven in my arms and grab Halo's hand . We go upstairs to pack our stuff grab the essential for both of them then grab my duffel bag and hand bag we get in the car and drive to destination . I see Lucas calling " can you pass me the girls "he says I pass the phone to Halo.

" Hi daddy," she sigh " no we good ," " she was with us " she says after a while sparing me a glance " Alright , love you" she passes the phone to Heaven " Dada" Heaven sniff on the phone " ci ," " ci , " " love you too " Heaven hands back the phone to me and buries her face in my neck again .

" How did they know where we were ? It was right at the house - "   Lucas cut me off" it's okay Angel"

" No it is not okay . The girls they were in danger they could have been hurt or worse " I say now crying " I know " I hear Lucas say now sounding sad .

The line goes silent " Lucas " I sigh
" I gotta go " he hangs up .

I sigh , again . I shouldn't have said that . I know how much Lucas  cares for his daughters and the attack was out of his control " why are you crwing Angel" Heaven says  wiping my tears away I smile down at her  " my eyes hurt that is all ." I look at Halo to see her looking straight ahead .

"Are you alright Halo " I slightly shake her back to reality 
" No I'm not " she says  lowly still looking ahead " this happened before and this is the third time " my eyes widen . " Third time ?" " Yes the first time I was four at the park with my Dad , the second time Heaven was much younger she was so scared and now this happens . I am tired of all this ." She finish sniffling" it happened when Heaven is present and she is scared , again " Halo starts to cry . I pull her to me with my free hand and she sobs on my shoulder " Nothing happened to her she is here . It will be over soon .

~~~~
The day before the attack

Lucas' s POV

Once we landed in Russia we drove to the penthouse apartment I recently bought  the next day I decided  to visit my factory . The records says that twenty packages has been stolen here and ten in Italy. Overall that is thirty packages .

Thirty is his number .
And I just know it's him

The location that Marcus found directly located to Moscow the capital city which is weird .He is at a city where it I was most likely to find someone in Russia. We only had to track the ship we found in the security camera its update on the mouvement of vessels and fleets , and monitor the ship' s  position and location which led directly there and the fact that he didn't try to hide his location is suspicious. Because when you're in the Mafia you will do everything to mask your location and he is more exposed because he is in an capital city.