Chapter 19 ( part one )

Angel's POV

The next morning i decided to go straight to my father' s house i am dress in a black highwaisted jean, black hoodie and black airforces to not get spotted by them on my way here .

i did'nt want to put my dad in danger that is why i agreed to stay with Lucas , i could have rented another house but i can't afford a whole security systeme to keep me aware of their whereabouts  and i knew Lucas would be able to help me with all that but does that make me a golddigger ? since i will be taking davantage of his equipment he did propose but does that still makes me a golddigger ?

i sigh and continue to walk up on the pathway of the house . Laughing and grumbling can be heard from here  . i knock on  the black wooden door few seconds , later Rebecca opens it swiftly . I am crash in a hug" Oh Dio! I miss you so much  princessa" i smile and hug  her back  " i missed you too Rebecca"  We pull away and walk to the livingroom  i hear a loud moan , i halt "

"My lord ! this is so good uncle J " Layla says dramaticaly  as she eats a full plate of rice , plantain and grilled chicken with sauce . My dad sends her a dissaproving look .

"Everytime  you come here you always have to finish the food in this house . Don't you have food at your house ?" i chuckle at that . When Layla  is here you will know that she is present, the room gets loud , my dad would keep on mumbling and the food finishes quickly.

" i do uncle J but sadly i have no one to eat with plus , don't  you enjoy my company? i am sure it gets  boring here since Angel is at her boyfri-"  " Layla" i appear from the corridoor and send her a warning look she turns her head towards my direction  " Love ! " She squeals lifting me up in a hug " how did it go " she says with a mischievous look I roll my eyes at her words .

" It went well " i say dismissing any kind of thoughts she has in her head.
Pulling out of her hold I make my way to dad " Hi daddy " I say kissing his cheek he raises his eyebrow at me " Armani boy is now your boyfriend ?" I roll my eyes again " No ..." " Not yet" Layla  adds from her position across from us " I don't think it would happen anytime soon "

I think so after everything we have done none of  us hinted that we wanted to take this to the next level .

There is no denying my feelings for him grows  deeper everytime I am with him , his generosity and kindness is what  stands
out the most and the fact that he proposed to keep me safe melts my heart nobody  that I have known for a short time has gone to that length to keep me safe ,only Armani.

" Dad ,I need to talk to you"

~~~
( Words in italics are in French and words in italics and bold are English translations)

"   Qu' est-ce qui ne va pas chérie ?" (What is wrong honey?) My dad asks with a concern look aging lines are more visible and his silver streak of gray hair forming behind his ears " Je pense   qu'il nous ont trouvé ." ( I think they found us)

The same feeling of fear I felt when Lucas firstly told me is slowly coming back . Dad looks at me silently his Adam apple bobing and I have a feeling he knows exactly who I am talking about but asks nonetheless "
Qui Angel?( who Angel ?) " I bit my lip nervous to say the following " The same people who killed Mama papa ils sont après nous " ( They are after us )

I wait for my dad's reaction but he sits here unmoving, maybe this is a bad idea . This is the cause that paralyzed him risen his blood pressure to and paralyzed him . For a moment I see he stops breathing until he blinks once then twice . "We have to go" He finally says " Non Papa" I say sternly , not again

" We have to find somewhere else , somewhere safe , another coun-" I cutt him off " No , we have been running away  for six years papa it has to stop " I say insisting on words to make myself clear .
" I am tired of running everytime danger corners us, I am tired of always changing homes papa , j' en ai marre de toujours fruir" ( I am tired of always running . ) I say these last words in French so he can understand how serious I am.

He sighs and buries his head in his hands " I don't want to loose you too ,Angel " my dad says looking up . Tears surfacing his eyes and my own eyes water and the sight.

" You won't loose me and I won't loose you too , nothing will happen to us "I reassure him , he nods " then what are we going to do ?" He asks , his eyes wide " Lucas proposed that I stay with him " I inhale waiting for his reaction . " He what?! You told him?" I shake my head " he is the one who told me."

" How did he found out?"
" They approached a friend of his they knew he is his friend and that they are close so they told him because they couldn't reach Lucas and it was easy to get the message transferred" I explain
.
" Does his friend works for them? " My dad ask the same question I asked Lucas " No"
" This story doesn't sound right" now thinking about it it doesn't , there is something I am missing.

" You accepted " I nod " Is he the only option?" I sigh , " I have no choice dad , I can't turn to flames I don't want to be one of them " My dad shakes his head " you don't need to I just... We don't know that man nor do we know his intentions I can't let my daughter get expose to that kind of danger"

" I know and I can't promise you he will take good care of me because I am still knowing Lucas but I believe in giving him a chance but that doesn't mean I will let my guards down " I say but it is much to myself . Like a reminder .

***
Hi guys!

Hope you are doing well after this long time of us being apart . I have taken a little break from social media and that helped me a lot I hope you did not give up on this story because there is more to come! And this is just a beginning .

What do you all think of this chapter? Is Angel right about giving  Lucas a chance? After all they will be staying together .

What do you think will happen between them ?
What do you want it to happen between them ?
Angel and the girls?

Speak your mind I would like to hear from y'all .

Thank you for your patience .
( Not edited)

Love
✿ Esther✿