May you find love in another life

When I arrived at the party, many nations were already there and drinking. For some reason, the majority of people wanted to be in Las Vegas. I mostly came for the boys and Francis! They would have killed me if I hadn't shown.

As much as I wanted things to be normal after the date. I knew that wasn't possible. Besides, I was rude to him at the end of the date.

What he said to me felt...euphoric?

Thinking about all the things he said to me made me feel...it made me feel different. I believed every word that he said. He made me want to drop to my hands and knees and beg for him to be with me. However, I loved to be complicated for some reason.

I hadn't seen him in a month so I was restless to see him.

"England! I'm so happy to see you!"

"Canada! Look at you! New style? It suits you well!"

"Thank you! I think I like the flannel look! It makes me feel like a lumberjack!"

"Well, it certainly does! And America? Where is the wild child?"

"Oh! He was outside! His house is huge! Let me show you! Plus, I think France is with him!" He tried to talk over the music the best he could. We tried to use our official names around other nations. It saves us the trouble of explaining something we only wanted for ourselves. It was absolutely gatekeeping!

Alfred's home was huge and glorious. A giant clock in the main room had streamers hanging from it, showing three hours till the New Year. "ENGLAND! Fancy seeing you here!" Matthew and I stopped as Portugal stood in front of us. "Well, it is America, of course I would be here..." I spoke. He got between Matthew and me, but we continued to walk. "Have you come to seek revenge?" I laughed. We were fine now, but I was still worried. All I could do was joke in situations like this.

He put his arms around Matthew and me, bringing us closer. "ME? No! Just wanted to see you again! So weird how things change so fast! Maybe it is the new year, so I am being dramatic," He spoke. I was mostly following the direction Matthew was leaning toward. "Well, don't be; there are plenty more where that came from," I spoke.

"Hmmm? And what are your plans for this upcoming year?" He asked. However, as the three of us stepped outside into the backyard, I immediately caught a glimpse of Francis, shutting me up. He was laughing with Alfred, Prussia, and Spain...and well...I felt so...in love as I saw him.

"Hmm? Ugh, I get it; you are in love with him, you don't have to look at him like that all the time! It hurts my feelings!" Portugal whined. I looked at him in shock, and Matthew tried not to laugh. "THAT'S....." I tried to pull away, but he held us close, pulling us toward them. "That's not the case! Don't you have someone else to bother?"

"Yes, my brother! And he is with your loverboy...-Heyyyyyy"

"Hey..."

Immediately, Francis looked to me, then to Portugal, then to the boys, back to me again, then to Spain and Prussia, back to me again, and then away. "Don't ignore me!" I yelled. I pulled away from Portugal, and he began to lean all his weight on Matthew. "Hmmm? Did any of you hear that?" Francis spoke. I was going to kill him! I would make sure he never lived to see another year again.

"Excuse us..." I smiled at everyone. I grabbed Francis by the arm, pulling him away from everyone. "What is your problem?" I asked, annoyed. He pulled his arm away from me, crossing his arms. "My problem? You are with HIM!" He spoke. We stopped far away from everyone. In a dark corner by the fence Alfred owned. "That's not...Gurrrr! Francis! Will you stop being jealous for once!"

"Me? Stop? Arthur! I thought we had something!" He suddenly began to cry, and I looked at him, confused.

"Are you drunk?"

"No! I just have something in my eyes!"

"That's not what I-.....ugh! Francis...he only started talking to me on the way in; I promise, nothing happened between us...I am in love with you..." I spoke. His face lit up as I said that, and he jumped into my arms. "Do you really mean that?!"

"Yes...now, will you sober up a bit?"

"YES! ANYTHING FOR YOU!"

Jesus...

He continued to hold me, and I felt defeated as I let him. "Francis...I am sorry for a couple of months ago...during our date...I have meant to talk to you about it, but every time I get close...I ....freak out..." I whispered. He stopped moving so much, letting me hold him back. "It is okay; it is hard...but I am not giving up on you that easily," he spoke. He separated from me with a smile on his face, and I nodded.

"I know...It doesn't help that I don't make it easier...so...will you go easy on me?"

"Of course...well...we should get back before they get the wrong idea," he spoke. He was about to walk away from me, but I quickly grabbed his hand to stop him. "WAIT! Actually...can we...go somewhere private...for the new year...judging by the time, we have...a little over two hours...I want to be alone with you for it...if that's okay? Um....Alfred has his roof bar, and it's more secluded..."

I felt I was shaking a bit at my words, especially when he looked at me that way.  "Oh...Alright... let's go!" He smiled. I really did not know what I was doing exactly, but I was going to tell him how I felt! Really this time! He knows I love him, but I needed him to know everything! No more being scared and avoiding my problems! I was tired of always being blindsided and never knowing what to do. This time, I wasn't going to be selfish! I was going to think about someone else, for once in my pathetic long life!