Angleterre, je t'aime et je te déteste

This meeting was created for my dear Arthur to explain his situation. Then, he would have to tell every nation, causing him humiliation. As I mentioned, I was keeping an eye on him, so I knew he was in a terrible state. It made me sad seeing him like this, but it was well deserved. Besides, I would not do anything to him I knew he wouldn't come back from. His economy would crash for a few years, but eventually, it would be well again.

Did that make me a crazy person? Possibly...but he broke my heart...and I am one petty son of a bitch.

"France...what is with that outfit?" Germany asked. I was dressed a bit nice, but could you blame me? I wanted to look nice for the show. "We better not have another strange occurrence at the world meeting today...because of your personal feelings!" he directed. He gave me a side-eye, but I only began to laugh. "My personal feelings? There are none! I am only wearing this outfit because I will get married..."

"Married?"

"Yes...married to England's despair..."

"DON'T TRY AND MARRY A PHENOMENON!"

I rolled my eyes playfully. I was drinking wine and offered him some, but he did not want to deal with me. "Huh? But I want to marry it! I want to pledge my eternal love for such an amazing thing!"

"I fail to understand any of that, seeing that I want everything settled...but I doubt the situation is the thing you want to marry..."

"Pfft! What else would I want to marry? That is a ridiculous notion! Besides...you say all that, but I think you also like seeing England in despair."

"I AM NOT INTO THAT SORT OF THING! I THINK YOU HAVE OTHER MOTIVES FOR WANTING TO MARRY!"

"Huh? No! But how about starting this afternoon? You then enjoy his despair! Come on! It is fun!"

"AS IF I WOULD DO THAT! LET GO OF ME! YOU ARE GOING INSANE-"

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, FRANCE! I AM A DIFFERENT MAN FROM YESTERDAY!" His sweet voice made me smile as I dropped my grip on Germany. I swiftly turned my body around, seeing England storm in. And he looked like a hot mess....a hot, sexy, delicious-looking mess!

"Oh? My dear little Mr England! Aren't you looking a little battered today?" I smiled. He held onto the wall beside him, catching his breath. Either he was really doing bad, or he was really out of breath.

"Thanks to you, I am having a jolly good time every day," he said. He did not look angry at me, only annoyed that I was trying so hard. My love, I will have your heart and your life wrapped around my finger.

"Oh? Have you prepared another amusing spectacle for us today?" I smiled. He came closer to me, and he smirked, determined. "You bet; I am sure you'll be surprised," he smiled. He came before me, crossing his arms, swishing his hips back and forth. I was infatuated.

My anger had turned to infatuation the more this continued. It gave me a rush that I never knew I missed. And it did not help that this situation reminded me of when we were kids. Where I was the sparkling one, and he was the feral-looking rat that came into my life.

The good Ol days...

"YOU WON'T BE LAUGHING WHEN YOU LEAVE THIS CONFERENCE ROOM TODAY!" He shouted, pointing a finger at me. He tried to glare at me, but his face grew flustered as I stared and smiled at him. "Is that so? I shall look forward to it," I spoke. I always loved this about him. He would never back down without a fight, but I loved trying to break this tough nut.

Breaking it into tiny little pieces... is what I loved the most.

~~~

When the conference began, everyone stared at Arthur.  I could not help but smirk, staring at him. He was sitting in his chair, looking nervous. I do admit that I was being harsh, but I was upset. I feel like he was giving up on the EU and secluding himself like always. It made me feel like he was worried a fight would break out and he would be unable to do anything himself.