Chapter 14 - Whait What?

"You are getting both of us into big trouble." Katsuki frowned, not sure where he was going with that sentence. "What are you trying to tell me here?" Denki's eyes fell on the gun he was still holding, unwilling to let it go until he felt safe or at least reassured in the other.

That thought hurt because Denki was once a teammate, a friend, and at some point a family. He was the reason Katsuki was willing to rot in jail for the rest of his life if he had to, so having a gun in hand just to protect himself from someone that important to him was agonizing.

"Katsuki, If you don't join the Night caller..." The way Denki looked at him with nothing but desperation made Katsuki pause in thought. "I will go with you and help you take them down."

That was the last thing he expected to hear. "Wait what?"

Denki smiled at him, although it seemed weak and tired. "You heard me."

Katsuki shook his head as if trying to wake up and hope that this was just some odd dream. "So what you are trying to tell me here is that you will willingly betray the whole mafia gang because–"

"Because they are not worth it. You are."

"I knew you were stupid but this?" Denki froze, clearly taking offense to his harsh words. "H-hey! I'm trying to do a good thing here!"

"No, you are digging your grave. You cannot expect to just leave such a big organization like them and walk away with every limb and a free pass. They will torture you to death for this and I would rather you put a bullet in my head and gave it to them than let you get yourself killed."

He wouldn't be able to live with himself. "Already too late."

Katsuki froze before slamming his hands on the small table. "What do you mean? What did you do?!"

Denki smiled sheepishly while scratching his chin, shrugging off his worry like it was nothing serious. "I set one of their warehouses on fire."

Katsuki leaned back in his seat, feeling like he was about to faint any second now. "You've got to be kidding." This had to be a nightmare.

"Yep, so uh– not the best way to tell your boss you are quitting but I'm sure they got the message."

With a sigh, Katsuki threw his gun on the table, giving Denki what he hoped was the most disappointing look. "I guess I don't have a choice but to let you in huh?"

Denki smiled again, wider this time. "Guess not."
.
.
.
Izuku stared out from the car window at the small village forming in the distance. Eijiro and he had been traveling for nearly three hours to get here with the hope that their target was somewhere near. "I'm worried about Katsuki."

His eyes left the scenery just for a second to look at Eijiro's frowning face. "Why?" The frown on the other's face deepened as he thought of that question, clearly not sure how to answer. "I don't know. I just have this feeling that something is going to get fucked up."

Izuku looked back out of the window while laying his head on top of the cold glass. He also felt fidgety, knowing he left Katsuki alone for who knows how long did not ease his mind in the slightest but instead left him chained inside his head.

"Let's get this over with quickly and go back to him as fast as possible."

"Get over this quickly? But how? You know we have a whole-ass man from the military against us, and I doubt he will greet us with open arms ready to just answer our questions."

Izuku leaned down and grabbed something from underneath his seat. Eijiro watched him from the corner of his eye as he put on silver brass knuckles, stretching his hands with them to try and get used to the new heavy feel on his hands.