Chapter 12 - Safehouse

A/N Hello everyone!! Sorry for being late.
I made a quick sketch for the previous chapter. It's only a sketch but I was happy to at least get to draw something for you. <3

Rusted-KitKat if you are still here, I haven't forgotten about your request, and I'm putting it here in this chapter! Hopefully, you will like it :-D

The blackness in his head was slowly turning into pure white light. He wasn't sure what was happening, but his eyesight was slowly becoming clear and turning into something familiar.

"Katsuki? The question sounded distant but he hummed anyway, blinking away the last black dots at the edge of his vision. "How do you feel? Can you hear me?" The overly worried voice must have belonged to Eijiro.

His guess was confirmed when for a moment, all he could see was vibrant red hair. Katsuki grunted, trying to turn away only to find himself unable to move. "Don't be like that Kat, you are high on sedatives." A warm hand was placed on his forehead, feeling nice against his cold skin.

Katsuki leaned into it, only slightly, just to feel the warmth a bit longer. "Where- Izuku?"

"I'm right here bunny."

Hearing that familiar voice brought up long-lost feelings inside him. Katsuki swallowed everything down, taking in the heavy air filled with the smell of antibiotics.
The relief of knowing Izuku was all right mixed well with the pain he was feeling.

"Do you remember what happened?"

Opening his mouth was bringing him quite the pain but he bit through it, feeling the need to explain himself. "Yeah, most of it, but not the way here. I don't remember breaking out of that hell."

"You suffered blood loss and passed out the second we got to you. It was a close call." Eijiro sighed, placing his hand over Katsuki's. It was a familiar gesture, the pressure was comforting, no matter how many times it was repeated.

This was not the first time he and Eijiro saw each other like this. He got hurt on duty every once in a while. It wasn't often, but that didn't mean it was a pleasing experience.

He let the moment pass, collecting his thoughts together, repeating his memories in his head, going through small details, and pulling out the important pieces in the meantime. His breath got shaky the more he remembered, the more he moved to the end of his last moments awake.

"Did you see him?" He mumbled quietly, still seeing that familiar blond hair in front of him, showing out of nowhere. The sheer thought of Denki joining the wrong side was pulling his heart apart.

"Who?" Katsuki turned his head to look Eijiro right in the eyes. Denki couldn't have been a hallucination, he was with himself enough at that time to know that. Eijiro wouldn't lie to him either which left him with one question. What happened?

"I will tell you later." But not now, he told himself. He wasn't ready to talk about it. "Tell me where Shoto is first."

That fool was always by his side whenever Katsuki got in trouble and with him not being here, it could only mean that either something bad must have happened or he was dead. "He… well." Eijiro looked at Izuku for help.

Katsuki followed his eyes to the edge of the room where Izuku sat on a plastic chair with his legs spread but the tip of his foot tapping lightly on the marble floor. With all eyes on him, Izuku's tapping increased in speed.

"He is with his father back in Birmingham. After you got captured, a woman with the alias of Midnight caught a swift of us. Shoto is now trying to put her investigation to a halt before all of us could end up behind bars. This resulted in us being separated."