Chapter 15 - Bait

It has been three days since Denki joined him and Katsuki couldn't be happier to have a partner. Working in pair was faster and made their work more accurate. Not a detail was missed.

Yu Takeyama seemed like a typical shopaholic woman. Her eyes were flirting, her smile sweet like honey but her mind was the one of the devil. She knew she could get many things because of her looks and she used it to her advantage quite often.

Even with how she acted, you wouldn't think she was more than a rich and dirty woman, but oh how wrong can one be?

Katsuki quickly found out about her connection with the police. She was an agent and often took different roles to lure people in and get the answers she wanted. That earned her a good reputation with the police and a few dismissed parking tickets. What was frustrating about it though was that that was the only thing she seems to be doing.

There was no connection with anything or anyone shady. Not even Denki was able to find anything on her which alone was surprising. The two of them spent hours behind computers just to find the bare minimum.

Katsuki was getting suspicious of how much of the information was missing. Why would someone like her have so much data erased from existence? It couldn't be because of privacy. That woman has every social media imaginable.

"You know there is only one way you can get the answers you want and it's not by looking at that computer screen."

Katsuki rolled his eyes which hurt. They were dry and tired from staring at the same place for so long. "Tsk, like I don't know that. Do you have everything we need for tomorrow?"

It was Denki's time to roll his eyes. "I had it prepared like two days ago, and yes, I triple-checked."

With a sigh, Katsuki moved to get up, feeling dizzy at the sudden movement. "Alright, I'm going to sleep. Be awake by four am and we will head out by four-thirty. I'm gonna text Shoto and Eijiro we are going silent from now on."

"Silent? So I should turn off my phone and everything?"

"Yeah. Make sure everything is off, and I mean everything."

Denki grinned, giving him the finger guns before running off to his bedroom, of course not without yelling "Good night" from the top of his lungs. Katsuki felt the corners of his lips tug up at how he finally got to taste real life again.

He could almost pretend that he won't go back to jail after this is over. The thought of saying goodbye to all of them again ripped that weak smile right off, but the determination to enjoy this while it lasted stayed.

He looked at the plain clock on the wall, unnoticeable and without the ticking sound. Two minutes before the hour hand struck midnight. The invisible weight on his shoulders seemed to double, making his short walk to his own bedroom feel like he was held down by chains on his feet, heavy with doubt and fear. Nothing can go wrong tomorrow and if it does, they will pay a heavy price.

He reached his door, unlocking it with one swift movement before letting himself in. Before he could completely walk through, he reached down into his pocket to pull out his phone, being met with nothing but a cracked screen.

The phone was given to him by Shoto and it held his and the other's number. He will have to ask Denki for his too so he could add it. After quickly putting in his pin code, he moved to the contacts writing and copying the same message to everyone.

Going silent<
.
.
.
Izuku didn't notice his phone vibrate on the dashboard with a new message. It was late at night and he and Eijiro were ready to make their first move. They were certain Shindo was in his house. The man often went out to clubs and bars, coming home late with women of different kinds but he couldn't afford that tonight, not with his work starting early in the morning.