Chapter 8 - New enemies

A/N I replaced Toya's burns with tattoos in this fic ;-)

Katsuki stepped closer, taking in the man in front of him, who was dressed in all black. When the man leaned down to match his height, Katsuki got to see the tattooed roses on his neck spreading throughout his revealed chest like a disease.

"You didn't grow much since the last time I saw you." He ignored the remark, instead, he sat on the mustang. Toya didn't seem to mind. "And when was the last time you saw me? At the mission in Vietnam? I am surprised you even remember me." 

The car rocked down a bit when Toya's heavy body sat next to him. "Who would forget his little brother's best friend? And not to mention that you were my dearest customer."

"Your cigarettes were the best in the town and the cheap ones tasted like shit." Izuku moved to the car next to them, close enough to hear but acting like he was part of another group walking by.

Katsuki tried to not look at him too much. "So where is he? My brother. You two are always together and I have a feeling this time is no different." Those words somehow didn't sit well with him. 

Toya was two classes above them in college and failed one just out of spite for his father. He remembered the few times they met and what they talked about, or more importantly, what they didn't.

Shoto was never included in their conversation. Hate was a strong word to describe their relationship but Toya didn't like his younger brother and Katsuki knew that well.

Anytime he would ask where Shoto is, the man would either roll his eyes or just push him away. Later on, he learned from Shoto that Toya simply didn't want to be involved with their family and simply accepted that.

"He isn't here. I'm alone." The lie felt nasty on his tongue. "Really? Who would have guessed Shoto would ever let you wander the world alone?" The other laughed at his own sarcastic remark while placing his hand behind his head.

The motion made some of his hair fall to the side, revealing his ears pierced with silver. "So Katsuki, tell me, what are you doing here?" Izuku stepped closer and Katsuki had to use his sheer willpower to not appear stiff.

"I just recently came back here to Birmingham, and you know… just wanted to look at the new faces."

"So getting familiar with your new enemies?"

Katsuki laughed, putting his shaky fingers into his jeans. It was starting to get cold. With the shimmering moon above and the sky so clear, Katsuki hoped that tonight would be warm enough so he wouldn't need to drag his jacket with him.

The goosebumps forming on his skin proved how naive he was. His eyes refocused from the asphalt ground back to the man, only to find those eyes already glaring into his soul.  

Seconds ticked and Katsuki felt like an animal in a cage, unable to run from those predatory eyes. He couldn't help but almost flinch when Toya moved, pulling down his long black coat and gently placing it around his shoulders.

It left the man completely naked from his head to his torso, but he didn't look bothered by it. His sassy smirk was turned towards his blushing form. "Well then, will you stay for the race? I bet money on it. If I win, I might take you out for a drink."

"Why? So you can try and get laid? You aren't getting into my jeans any time soon." Toya brought him closer by throwing a hand around his shoulder. Those tattooed fingers slid down his arm in a friendly and welcoming way. "Nah, that's Shoto's job."

A car passed by, blasting some rap music from its loudspeakers and it was deafening. Those sassy ones were the kind of people he hated the most. Katsuki hissed when he felt a sharp pain in his sensitive ears.