Chapter 4 - A deal

A/N Done! I like this chapter, and I especially enjoyed writing the last part ;-)

Izuku and Shoto shared a long look, millions of emotions flicking through both their faces, from wariness to suspicion and lastly to hatred. 'Okay,' Katsuki took a deep breath. He could make this work.

"This is the supposedly dead guy that I was talking about earlier, the one that saved me on the yacht and he wants to form an alliance. I brought him here so you could-" Before he could finish his explanation, Shoto pulled away from him altogether, moving to sit on the leather red couch placed in the corner of the room. The man took an intimidating stance.

Izuku didn't seem to be fazed by it at all, choosing to sit across from the man on one of the fancy wooden chairs. Their eyes slid to him, and Katsuki took a second to build himself up before joining them, taking a seat next to Shoto, who, in response, traced his fingers along his back before setting his hand on his shoulder.

"What are your plans?" Shoto asked a very open question, tilting his head to the side while Izuku leaned in, shifting into a comfortable position. "The same as yours." He said swiftly to which Shoto simply takes, not impressed.

Katsuki didn't like how the man was at ease. That confidence could lead them towards a conflict. "What happened at the yacht once I ran off?" Izuku's eyes fell on him and that hand on his shoulder tightened its hold.

Seconds passed as Izuku tried to recall his memory. "There was a woman, wearing a full face mask, black coat, and gloves with cherry-red stiletto heels." Katsuki carefully placed that description in his mind if needed later.

"After you left, I tried to shoot her down, but the woman had a splendid aim." Izuku fell back into his chair, somehow looking irritated by his past choices. "I didn't want to risk getting killed so I jumped off the yacht. She didn't bother to follow me."

"Any more details about her looks?" Shoto asked only for Izuku to shake his head. "I took cover right after she started shooting. There wasn't much I could see from behind a wall."

Katsuki hoped there would be something, a sign or a logo of a group. Now they don't know why and who was after them. His lips turned into a pout.

"My turn to ask." Katsuki looked up, expectedly, feeling Shoto's fingers twitch.

"How much do you two trust each other?" The reaction was immediate.

Shoto growled, pulling Katsuki a bit closer but he on the other hand stayed still, reading Izuku's posture so he could find the right answer or at least the one Izuku would like.

"I see." Was all Izuku said as if their faces alone somehow answered his question. Katsuki threw the other a warning look. "What do you say, Shoto?" The other frowned as his name fell from Izuku's lips. "Will you let me tag along?"

"Tell me all you know about the Night caller and based on your answer I will tell you mine."

"That is a high risk I can't take. I don't want to be thrown away the second you don't need me." Shoto smirked. "And who said I need you?"

"Oi!" Izuku's knowledge was required if they wanted to move forward faster. "Izuku, don't fuck around." The man sighed and this time, acknowledged him.

"I know your next destination is Birmingham, which means you are gonna attempt the car meet tomorrow night. People who have connections with our target will be there." Izuku let that information sink before adding more after a dramatic pause. "I know who to look for and how to get them."

Shoto at least considered it. His puzzled face turned to him and Katsuki gave him a hopeful look. The other huffed. "I will give you three days to prove yourself. If you don't, I'm putting a bullet through your skull."