Chapter 10 - Pink pill box

A/N I love making Katsuki suffer :-D

There are a lot of drugs in this world, used for various purposes: some to help, some to ease pain and some to make you numb. The effects and side effects were endless. What he was experiencing right now could be placed between numbness and absentmindedness.

Often times he wasn't sure if he was in the real world, in a dream, if the things he saw were truly there, or just a piece of his own clueless mind. The voices around him sounded like they were underwater… or was he the one underwater? He didn't know the answer.

He never did. Even after being drugged many times before, his body still responded the same way— poorly.

Being in a cold room did nothing to his blazing body. Katsuki felt like he was melting. His shirt was covered with sweat but underneath, the skin on his arms had goosebumps.

He was hypersensitive to the touch. The feeling in his hands came back a long time ago, although he wished it didn't. Due to the drug, even a slight twitch of his finger meant strong and merciless pain. You could compare it to a dagger stabbing you over and over again until your muscles were forced to relax.

It was hard to stay still. The chair he was sitting on was made out of cold iron that every so often liked digging into his spine and the rope binding him was not only strong and tight, but scratchy from constant use and traction.

All he wanted to do was just swallow down the urge to move his body and ease the itching but his throat was just too dry. Katsuki let out a raspy huff and left his head hanging from his shoulder while he stared at the ground.

It was a good thing that he couldn't lift his head, since the light above him was like a second sun, ready to burn his eyes.

To sum it all up, he felt like shit.

Maybe that's why he didn't notice the new pair of leather shoes standing in front of him, clean, and not looking cheap either. It was only when a rough hand grabbed his head, pulling it up to meet his captor's face that he tried to focus. Whatever was in his system wasn't leaving anytime soon.

Katsuki hissed at the sudden light, while squinting his eyes just so he could get a glimpse of the man's features but before he could so much as focus, he was hit across the face.

Whichever fucker was with him wasn't here to be gentle.

"Good morning sleeping beauty."

The voice sounded disgustingly flirty, unfit for a place like this, and it was making his stomach flip. Breathing out through his nose helped him ease the disgust along with the pain on the right side of his face, which was slowly fading away. Katsuki could feel a drop of blood dripping from his lips. 

"Now, going fast is not my style. I like to take things slow, but you see, my boss doesn't have much time so today, I will have to make a change."

Pulling out a small pink box from his pocket, the man placed it on an old wooden table near the corner. Beneath it was a small shelf. 

Katsuki paid attention to the suspiciously nice-designed box, which seemed to look like a pill box. If that was the case, then it was either a drug or something far worse. 

"Tell me, Katsuki Bakugou…" Their eyes met, just for a moment, but those few seconds were enough to tell him that whatever was about to occur, it wouldn't be a nice walk through a rosy garden.

"Why are you searching for the Night caller?" A simple question that was asked multiple times. Their enemy knew who they were and what they were after. Heck, he wouldn't be surprised to find out they stole his records. But how? They didn't even start searching yet.