-OC: Lori-

Name: Lori Benton

Nicknames: N/A

Age: 16 (season 1), 17 (season 2), 18 (season 3), 19 (season 4)

Species: Human

Gender: Female

Personality:

Outgoing and sociable, she loves to talk to others. She tends to try and keep a positive but realistic outlook. She is also a no nonsense kinda gal, and maybe a little...sarcastic. She tends to be mostly kind, but if someone tries to pick on her or taunt her, she will not hesitate to...well get back at them in different ways. Spreading their secrets, or simply using comebacks. She is also really smart and creative, but is still easily annoyed.

Crush: Billy

Looks/Face claim: 

Long messy (purposely styled like that) black hair, and blue eyes. She has pale-ish skin. She is also slightly taller than her crush, and has a few freckles.

Outfits or general style: 

Boots (cowboy boots, platforms, ankle boots etc.), shorts (denim), ripped jeans, button up shirts, band shirts, denim skirts etc.

Favourite song: 

Dead Ringer For Love (Meatloaf and Cher)

Fears:

Feeling trapped

Backstory: 

Lori was raised by loving parents, until her father died (she was 13). She was raised by her mother who was a very loving and tried to help her with anything she set her mind to. Her father had left her his old journals, which were full of notes. He'd wrote different letters for her throughout his life, he was sick and knew he would die so he wrote these letters in his journal so she could read them all when he was gone.

When she was 14 some kids pranked her by locking her in a janitor's supply cupboard, it was meant to only be a harmless prank, but it left her with a fear of feeling trapped.

When she was 17 she met a boy, a boy who...well who was a total jerk. Yet, she was just as attracted to him as every other girl, but unlike the others she didn't show it. Eventually, the two hung out. It was at a party, Lori had gotten drunk and climbed on a table and started singing, and Billy, the boy she'd met, was watching her. 

She slowly started to befriend him, having witnessed him in a more vulnerable state..after having another disagreement with his father. She saw him leaving his house and heading to his car, but didn't fail to notice the bruises and so she approached and asked if he was alright. She was the first person to actual check on him, and he was...reluctant to answer or let her know he was hurt, but she was...very persistent and Billy caved (it took hours though. And her making a deal with him to get an answer out of him, the deal being she'd help him ditch school whenever he wanted and do his homework for him)

After finding out what his dad did to him, she told him that whenever it happened, if he needed to get away from his house for a bit, then he could come over to her place to get away from it. And if he needed to punch anything, she had her dad's old punching bag from his brief stint of attempting to exercise. 

Billy took her up on that and was over at her house a lot, the pair slowly developing a friendship, though Lori did disapprove of the way he treated people, and attempted to help him change.

Towards the start of 1985, Lori discovered a newly released cartoon, Jem and The Holograms, and it inspired her to start a band, and so her and a few friends formed their own band, recording covers, it started as covering songs from the show, and went on to covering popular rock songs.

It was also during this year that Lori noticed Billy was acting...off. She soon learned from the kids that it was the mind flayer possessing him, and it scared her...a lot.

(This is an AU where Billy survives btw)

Billy survived his sacrifice and in turn, it caused him to reflect on how he acted towards others, and he tried to be a better person, because he didn't want to end up like his dad. It was also a few months after the mall disaster that Billy and Lori got together.

Extra:

She is a huge Jem and the holograms fan (but often roots for the misfits instead of the holograms), She has even dressed as Pizzazz (going all out and dying her hair with temporary dye and everything) for Halloween.