nineteen

┍ ┑
—chapter nineteen—
┖ ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

JACOB BLACK was a complete, and utter, idiot.

Rue had no idea what the hell was going through his head, because here they were, four wolves standing outside the house of the Cullens, who were vampires.

She had almost laughed when she found out that Bella broke her hand by punching Jacob in the face when he kissed her. You'd think that would get the idea through his head that they were never going to happen.

But, as much as she loved Jacob, he wasn't that smart. So here they were, standing outside the Cullen house while Jacob paced back and forth.

Embry sighed. "I feel like this is a bad idea."

Rue could hear the music and laughter from all the people jammed in the house from where they were stood. She could also smell the body odor wafting off the sweaty teenagers, it made her scrunch her nose.

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Embry on this." Rue interjected, chewing on the inside of her cheek. Quil grabbed her hand, squeezing it lightly to remind her to stop.

"Look, let me at least give Bella her graduation present." Jacob reasoned. "If it's really that bad or she doesn't want me there, we'll leave."

Quil and Rue shared a look, they all knew Bella didn't want Jacob there, and walking into a house owned by vampires didn't exactly give them peace of mind.

I wish Tama was here.

Although she hadn't been expecting a reply, Tama's voice echoed through her head. "Yeah, I'd say that I would've went with you guys if I didn't have patrol, but I'd be lying. Why'd you even go anyways?"

"To make sure Jake doesn't get into any fights."

Quil guided Rue into the house, letting her stay in her head as they followed Jacob and Embry up the staircase.

"Thank you for that, Rue." Sam spoke through the mind link in Tama's head. "If anything happens, alert me immediately and Tama and I will be there."