after

┍ ┑
—after—
┖ ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

RUE AND QUIL HADN'T SPOKEN more than four sentences to each other since Quil's phasing. It hadn't been anything more than awkward "hello's" or "oh, excuse me, sorry's". They had been putting off a conversation because they knew once they started talking to each other they would have to discuss it.

The whole imprinting thing had forced their feelings out in the open, something they weren't prepared for. Not to mention Quil finding out he could've known the whole time after Rue imprinted. It had placed the two on opposing sides for the first time in their lives.

But the not talking to each other had been eating away at Rue's insides. She had to talk to him.

She didn't bother checking his house first, she opted for going straight to the dandelion field. She knew he had been spending a lot of his time there since she first shifted.

Rue had take her time walking through the woods, trying to figure out what to say to him. But everything she had planned out left her brain the second she saw him sitting in the field.

Quil turned around when he heard footsteps walking towards him. He gave Rue a small, awkward smile as she took a seat on the ground next to him. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Rue spoke up.

"Quil—" she stuttered, unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry. I know I've said before but I'm gonna keep saying it because I am so, so sorry."

He turned his head to look at her, squinting a bit due to the sunlight. "Rue, I'm not mad at you. God, I could never be mad at you. I just— I'm just a little upset you didn't tell me. I mean, I thought you just up and left us. It killed me, to see you with Embry."

Rue averted her gaze to the ground. "I know. I hated not being able to talk to you. But then, after I imprinted—"

She sighed, glancing back at him. "I know it sounds ridiculous, but I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to bring you into all this when you weren't able to defend yourself. And I know you would've shifted eventually, but we just didn't know how long it would take for you to do that."

"After tracking that nomad for the first time, it just became so real to me and I realized just how dangerous it actually is."

"And honestly—" Rue shook her head, "—honestly I was scared. Scared that I would hurt you, or that redheaded leech would find us and hurt you, or worse—"

"Rue," Quil cut her off, placing his hands on either side of her face. "I get it, you just wanted to keep me safe. I would've done the same thing if it was you. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if you got hurt."

Rue placed a hand on top of his, looking at him solemnly. He leaned forward, placing a kiss on her forehead before wrapping his arms around her.

They stayed like that, holding each other for what felt like hours. It felt good to hug Quil again, but something between the two was different. It felt like the atmosphere had shifted, and they couldn't tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

But they knew something, it would never go back to the way it was before.

❀•°❀°•❀

a/n: AND WE'RE DONE WITH ACT ONE!!! i'm so damn excited for act two. i'll probably post the first chapter or prologue of brainstorm before i continue with this book (that's a lie i'll probably still keep going with this book).

anyway, i'm very happy to continue with rue and quil's relationship cause DAMN they're about to have some problems. also, i know this chapter was short but it was kind of supposed to be an epilogue since this was the end of act one.

hope y'all enjoyed! ( keep reading if you want a sneak peek of brainstorm )

k

❀•°❀°•❀

SNEAK PEEK : BRAINSTORM !
malia cameron x leah clearwater

✧˖*°࿐

MALIA THOUGHT THIS WAS FUCKING STUPID. She rolled her eyes as she listened to the principal drone on and on about the schools 'no violence' policy, as if she hadn't heard it a million times. In her defense, the girl deserved it.

If she didn't want to get her shit rocked, than she shouldn't have made a snide, homophobic comment about Malia. That was her first mistake. Her second mistake, was saying it loud enough for her to hear.

Thus, resulting in a broken nose, a dented locker, and a little bit of head trauma.

"I'm going to have to contact your mother about this."

Malia scoffed, "go for it. If she picks up let her know that we need some fucking groceries."

The principal sighed, looking at her with an expression Malia had seen one too many times. Pity. "Malia, I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, with your, condition—"

"You don't know shit about me." She sneered, "so don't act like you do."

She hated when people brought it up, as if she wasn't well aware that there was something wrong with her. "How many days am I suspended for?"

He looked at her, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arm. "Five days, as well as two days of in school suspension, starting today."

"Great." Malia stood up, grabbing her bag before walking out of the room, not bothering to stop despite the yells from the principal.

Of course she gets suspended, but the girl who called her a slur gets away with nothing. Well, almost nothing.

Unfortunately, the bell had just rang as she exited the office, so the hallway was clogged up with kids trying to make their way to the next class.

Malia already knew from the stares that word had gone around about the fight. One of the downsides to such a small school, everyone knows your damn business.

"Malia!"

✧˖*°࿐