fourteen

┍ ┑
—chapter fourteen—
┖ ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

THE PACK SAT ON THE STEPS of the front porch of the Black house. An emergency council meeting had been called to discuss what had happened. To say it was hectic was an understatement. Between four people phasing in one day and multiple double imprints— no one knew what was going on, or what to make of it.

Leah and Seth had stayed with their mother after shifting back. Sam knew it would be wrong to have them in attendance just after losing their father.

Tama sat alone, staring at the ground while Quil and Rue sat beside of each other. He was freaking out, this is what they had been hiding from them?

"Yeah, you get used to it."

The boy jumped as he heard his sister's voice echo through his head. Right. They could do that now too.

Rue looked at her brother who's eyes were now on Embry. When he realized she had caught him staring he quickly averted his gaze away. This whole thing was just too weird.

Rue's head perked up as she heard footsteps heading toward them. She turned to look at the door, waiting until she saw Sam.

"Pack meeting."

The group stood up. Following Sam through the house to the back yard where the council sat. It consisted of Old Quil, Billy Black, and Rue's father, Takoda.

The atmosphere was gloomy, Harry Clearwater should've been with them.

Billy Black cleared his throat, "I know a lot of you are confused, and would like to know what's going on. After talking, we believe we know what may have caused this."

"We've never had double imprints in the past, we never even thought it would be possible to have female shifters."

"So you guys think it's because of the double imprints?" Jared asked.

Old Quil nodded. "We think it started with Malia."

Malia's head shot up, a confused look etched across her face. "Me?"