eight

┍ ┑
—chapter eight—
┖ ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

RUE TOOK OFF AS SOON AS THE BELL RANG, not giving Quil a chance to catch up to her as he struggled to shove his stuff in his bag.

He rushed out of the room, not letting the girl out of his sight. "Rue! Rue!"

The girl ignored him as she ducked around a corner, passing Paul who gave her a confused look before he saw Quil trailing right after her. He quickly stepped in the curly headed boys way causing Quil to run right into him.

"Oh sorry, didn't see you there," Paul lied, he slapped Quil's shoulder with a grin. Quil glared at him before shoving past, only to see that he had lost Rue completely. Paul shook his head as Quil groaned, then continued his way to his Spanish class.

By the time Paul had gotten there, Rue was already sat in the seat beside his. Link and Seth weren't there yet, which made Rue slightly relieved. She felt bad for running away from Quil, but she knew that if she started talking to him, she would have to tell him they couldn't be friends.

"Running away from lover boy?" Paul teased, sitting down in his seat.

Rue rolled her eyes, "eat shit, Paul."

Paul only laughed, turning his attention to the board as the bell rang. Right as it rang, Seth and Link came rushing in through the door, tripping over each other.

"WE'RE NOT LATE!" Seth declared, trying to find his balance as the teacher turned to look at them.

Mr. Clarke sighed, crossing his arms, "just this once. Please find your seat Mr. Clearwater, you too Mr. Kaneko."

Link gave him a sheepish smile as the two quickly moved to their seats. They hadn't even noticed Rue was sitting in her seat until Link sat down, having to do a double take as he realized her seat wasn't empty.

"Rue—"

She quickly cut him off, "can't talk, class is starting."

The boy frowned, but turned back around in his seat and got his notebook out as Mr. Clarke had started to put notes on the board. He and Seth shared a confused look, wondering why she had been so short with Link.