six

┍                                      ┑
—chapter six—
┖                                      ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

MALIA CAMERON STOOD in the door way of Sam and Emily's house. Rue hadn't even noticed the girl standing there, she turned her body to look at the girl.

"You gonna give me a reason?" Rue replied.

Rue wasn't sure what Malia was gonna do, but what she didn't expect was for the girl to smile, letting out a soft laugh. To Rue, the action looked foreign on her face. But maybe that was just because she had only ever seen Malia angry.

Malia stepped into the house the rest of the way. Smacking Paul on the back of his head as she took a seat beside of him, to which he replied by smacking her on the arm.

Rue was confused, she thought her mom had said they got into fights? They just looked like normal friends.

"So," Malia said, shoving a piece of muffin in her mouth, "you told her everything already?"

"No," Rue answered, "he didn't tell me about imprinting."

Sam tilted his head, "how do you know about that?"

"I heard you and Embry talking about it."

"You heard—" Sam stopped himself. Instead he dove into the long conversation of what imprinting was, and the whole time he spoke, all Rue could think about was Quil and Embry knew she was. He had said that if she could imprint it had to be Quil, what did he mean by if?

"So earlier, what did you mean by if I could imprint?" Rue asked.

Sam sighed, "we aren't even sure if you can imprint or not, there weren't even supposed to be female shifters. We were incredibly surprised when Malia shifted because we didn't know it was even possible."

"So how did you know about me?"

"We knew that female shifters were possible after Malia shifted, we weren't sure if there would be anymore, but with how you were acting we assumed you were close to shifting. Then your mom called me saying you had a fever."

"So why did you bring Embry?" Rue knew that he had just shifted, why wouldn't he bring someone with more experience?"

"Your mom told me too, I assume it was because she knew that if you saw him you would freak out and shift, which you did."