one

┍ ┑
—chapter one—
┖ ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

RUE GROANED IN ANNOYANCE as she felt a light tapping on her face.

"C'mon Rue," Tama pushed. He did not want to be late for school just because his sister had yet to get out of bed. "We're gonna be late."

The girl slapped her brothers hand away, "I'm up."

She sat up as Tama exited her room, shouting to their parents to let them know she was up.

Rue rubbed her eyes with her hands before picking up her phone, her eyes widened when she saw the time. She never slept in this late, she must've forgotten to set her alarm when she got home.

She scrambled out of bed, shocked that she had managed to oversleep— something that never happened. She had always been prone to waking up early. She rushed over to her closet and began to get dressed quickly. She slipped out of her pajamas and replaced them with a pair of high-waisted shorts that were being held up by a brown belt. She added an antique white tank top that had been cutoff to make it a crop top. She picked out a random flannel and pulled on her brown converse.

Thankfully, she had packed her school bag last night so she didn't have to worry about gathering her things. She ran a brush through her hair and rushed to brush her teeth. She gave her mom a quick kiss on the cheek before making her way out the door.

As she was running out she heard a honk, "I'm here! I'm here!"

Since Jacob had just got his license, he had been picking up the group of friends for school in what was technically Billy's truck. Tama and Embry had already jammed themselves up front with Jacob, which left Quil and Rue to sit in the truck bed.

Rue slung her bag over the side and climbed in.

"Mornin' boys," she greeted.

Taking the hair tie from her wrist, she threw her hair up in a bun to prevent it from getting tangled on the way to school.

Embry shook his head shamefully as he slid the back window open. "Come on, Rue, you get up at like five-thirty, how are you late?"