before

┍                                      ┑
before
┖                                      ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

RUE RUSHED OUT OF HER HOUSE, she had completely and totally forgot about how she had made plans with Embry and Quil to meet up at Jacob's house. She gave her mom a kiss on the cheek and waved goodbye to her dad before jogging to Quil's house, which was right beside hers.

"Finally," Embry sighed dramatically as the girl made her way through the front door, "thought you'd never show up."

Rue rolled her eyes, "ha ha, where's Quil."

"Here!" The boy walked out of his room, hoping slightly as he tried to put his left shoe on.

Rue pointed at Quil, "see, he's not ready either."

Embry shook his head, "I already gave him an earful, am I the only one here who knows how to be on time?"

"Oh shut up," Quil shoved him towards the door, "let's go before we're later than we already are."

The trio made their way out of the Ateara house and walked along a dirt road that lead them to the Black residence.

"Hey Billy!" Rue called out to greet the man, he waved back at the three kids as they walked toward the garage where they knew their companion would be.

"Oh come on," they heard faintly before knocking on the door.

"Yo, Jake, you in there?"

They heard some shuffling, "no, it's okay, it's just my friends."

The group didn't wait for a response as they opened the door and walked in, Rue was a little surprised to see a girl sitting next to Jacob.

"Hey Jake."

He got up to greet them, "hey guys, this is Bella."

"Bella, this is Quil, Embry and Rue." Jacob introduced, looking around as he realized someone was missing, "is Tama not with you guys?"

"Uh, no, he had to cover for someone at work last minute," she told him before looking at the girl, Bella, she recognized her, "we've met before, at First Beach, you were with your friends"