After riding for about an hour we finally reached the south edge of Wall Rose. Ronnie's team had been working on restoring Wall Maria, so I knew she had to be stationed close to the Trost District.
Several soldiers in Garrison jackets were grouped together at the District's entrance.

    "I don't see Ronnie," Shannon said quietly as he looked around

"I don't see Ronnie," Shannon said quietly as he looked around. "How 'bout you?"
"No, I don't see her either."
I felt the anticipation boil inside of me. I was so excited to tell her about the sea and the mission. It'd only been a week since I last seen her, but it felt like a lifetime.
We tied our horses to a nearby post and made our way toward the group.
"Any of you guys seen Ronnie?" Shannon asked the unsuspecting crowd. They all turned to us.
"Ronnie?" A girl said as she tilted her head.
"Ronette Collins," I said as I stepped out from behind Shannon and came into view, "Short girl with long black hair and blue eyes. Said she was working on restoring Wall Maria."
They all stared at me with widened eyes as one man stepped forward.
"You're Merciana Sheehan!" He exclaimed which made everyone else drop their jaws.
"She's the Titan Slayer?" A girl chimed.
"We heard all about your expedition!" Another girl beamed. "We heard you killed nine Titans with several assists! Is that true?"
Shannon glanced over at me with raised eyebrows as everyone started to gather around me.
"Word gets out fast I guess," I laughed as they all began asking me hopeful questions.
"Alright, alright!" Shannon announced as he stepped between me and the group. "We're here on official Scout business to find our friend Ronnie. Any of you guys seen her?"
I laughed at the term "official Scout business" because it was far from true, but I couldn't help but give him points for cleverness. They would've never shut up otherwise.
"Never heard of her," A boy scoffed.
"It's a girl? Who gives a girl the name 'Ronnie'," someone laughed.
We all watched as they snickered and talked amongst themselves when a blond headed girl carrying her ODM gear passed by the group.
She stopped and perked up as she listened to the chatter.
"You guys are looking for Ronnie?" She said quietly. I turned to her and nodded my head.
"Yeah, do you know her?" I asked and she nodded her head slowly.
"Well, where is she?" Shannon chimed in impatiently.
The girl's eyes fell to the ground and her hands tightened harder around her gear.
"S-She's not here," she said quietly.
"Then where the hell is she?" Shannon asked angrily. I put my palm to his chest and shot him a discerning look.
"What's your name?" I asked as I moved my attention back to the girl. I could tell Shannon's fiery attitude was making her nervous. She looked to only be fifteen or so, and must've joined the Cadet Core as soon as they'd let her in.
"Blithe," she said weakly as her eyes met mine.
"It's nice to meet you, Blithe," I smiled. "Do you know where Ronnie is?"
She nodded her head and looked off toward the city.
"She's over there," she said dismally. A wave of eeriness flushed over my body as I looked into the girl's eyes. Something wasn't right.
"Can you take us to her?" I whispered as I kneeled down to meet her gaze.
She nodded slowly and began walking.
Shannon shot me a bewildered look, but my face was expressionless.
Whenever Ronnie wasn't near I could always feel her like she was always watching over me. Even as a Cadet, she worried about me constantly, and the sense always made its way to me. When I went to visit her before my mission she was easy to find because some connection pulled me toward her.
In that moment I couldn't feel any trace of her.