Chapter 28: Understand and Intent.

Shen Jue tried to control himself as his melodious laughter rang across that section of the room. The language that she spoke was the language of traveling merchants . Only Wu Jianghao and a few people know that language. Not even the servants know the language but judging from Shen Jue's stifled laughter, they knew that the little girl just mocked their master.
" You... You... How dare you talk to me like this? Ben jun has been patient with you enough. If even your master doesn't teach you a lesson. I will personally take you away from him and teach some manners." Wu Jianghao roared. His fat neck were dripping sweat making look disgusting.

"Yes, how dare you! The way this era has changed. A common slave doesn't even know his status. Good for you. " One of the servants pointed out to her.

" Shen daren, if you don't sell this slave to me. It is seriously going to affect our relationship ".
A little crowd had formed and murmurs had it that An'rou should be handed over to Wu Jianghao. An unseen frown appeared on his forehead.

Like I actually care! (scoffs) .If not for heavenly rules, I would have wipe the entire room or wipe everyone's memory.

" Since you can kill them, do it quickly so we can move on". A malicious grin flashes across An'rou's eyes as she looks at Shen Jue for a second.

" No, no ..."
" You don't want to get punished by the heavens. I understand. I was joking".

Shen Jue thought that sentence was too hard to be a joke . An'rou brought his thoughts back.

" Just let me go with him. I will handle it"

" What!!!"
" I will go with you". An'rou spoke. Her small but still voice felt like it has no life in them.
" Huh?" Shen Jue looked at her with a lot of surprise.

" So quickly?". Wu Jianghao's eyes also widened in surprise and greed.
" I was thinking that an ordinary servant like her would still keep her pride left. But these low lives are still the same in the face of food and money". Some one in the crowd.
Other nodded in agreement . Wu Jianghao's eyes squinted in satisfaction.

" But...". An'rou's small voice rang up firmly.
" But what?" . Wu Jianghao's face changes.
" I will only go with you after the occasion ends".
" What? What will I not see in these generations of slaves? A little freedom. They think they can soar high. " Another random person quoted.

Seeing the firmness of this girl beneath the veil, Wu Jianghao knew that even if he threatens to kill, she won't bend to his tunes. So he would rather give the little freedom while it lasts.

" Alright. No more tricks after this." His disgusting seductive eyes rolled. The crowd were a little displeased about Wu Jianghao's approval. Only he knew that only the tough ones tasted the sweetest.

" Thanks, Wu Laoban." She said mechanically.

"What!! You this little girl have no respect for her new master. You are supposed to call him master. I could hit...". A male servant of Wu Jianghao spoke in anger.

"Hehe, A' sai, no need to be rude to our new guest. Let's go. New beauty, what is your name?" Wu Jianghao turned to her. But she didn't reply.
Unoffended, he quickly added.

" Forget it, after tonight I will give you a new name." After he left.

Shen Jue in the midst of this chaos, was exceptionally quiet, holding to his fan and teacup tightly that they were threatening to break.
Why was he worried? At least he knew what will happen next. Breathe...

************************************

The wind was blowing hard where Song Xueyi sat, her hands filled with cuts held the broken cup filled with water close to her broken white lips. The sky grew darker and the moon rose higher. Starting to feel sleepy, she mustered the courage to stand and walk close to a senior maid and bowed a little.

" Song Xueyi is ready to leave now . Aunt maid. Please pass my pleasantries to Mother, Father, Elder brother and younger sister."
" Hmm". With sinister eyes, the maid gave a nod.

Song Xueyi turned away walking with calluses under her worn out shoes.

Thank goodness, there is no work to do tonight. I feel so tired.

Back in the room, An'rou's eyes suddenly narrowed.
" It is time". She whispered.
She stood up, walked out of the gathering quietly without anyone noticing.

She slowly walked to the inner court, admiring the night view. Very stylish with beautiful trees and flowers under the moonlight. But this view didn't impress much.

Her eyes went over to a frail girl almost looking like a child maid who had stumbled and fell.

She slowly walked towards her and bent down, handing her an handkerchief out of her pocket without saying anything.

" Oh, thank you" . Song Xueyi turned to look at the kind Samaritan and was met with a veiled person who look a bit scary but a little warm.

Those eyes. An'rou withdraws a little.