Chapter 2:The truth(2)

The sick lady said to her young daughter weakly,

"Xiao Rou, I may not be here for much longer. I have something to tell you".

Xiao Rong coughs and spits out blood.

An'rou reachs her hand to check her vital pulse. Observing that her pulse is getting weaker. A frown burrowed around her eyebrows. She takes out a silver needle from nowhere and pierces it on her right hand where her vital veins are. Seeing her worry, Xiao Rong removes her daughter's hands and assures her,

"I'm fine"..

But in An'rou's mind, her mind was not filled with worry for her but she was worried about her strange sickness that she, the best doctor in the mortal realm cannot cure. An'rou reaches to her medical bag and brings out some life saving elixirs and sit Xiao Rong up and feeds it to her. Trusting her,Xiao Rong accepts the pills. An'rou says,

"You really should keep quiet and rest. Your condition is getting worse. I think I should summon Shen Jue to give me some clues on this. Before Xiao Rong would protest, An'rou throws a green powder dispersing it in the air.

"Not even the greatest doctor or immortal can help me". Xiao Rong says. Not understanding what she is saying An'rou ignores her and continues to check on her.

Used to her cold deanmour, Xiao Rong speaks out,

"Before I die, I have tell you a secret".

"Am listening". An'rou give a glance at her and continue what she was doing.

"Before I had you, I was the Third princess of the great inseparable birds clan, I was to be executed by my father for framing my second sister which I and everyone hated, then I was saved by my personal maid who stayed with me since I was young and was presumed dead by my kingdom".

So that explains why she has a good appearance. An'rou thought.

"I hated my family since then and fled to the West sea to serve as a maid. Still having the urge to have revenge,I keep planning for years to then gave it up after my eldest sister ascended the throne and to stay alive,I let go of everything and stay back at the palace"... She then coughs and suddenly vomit a mouthful of blood. Surprised, An'rou helps the woman and quickly checks her pulse which was getting weaker by the second. She flashes a pair of silver needles to her the center of her hair on her head and to her chest. Seeing her chest going up and down with her breath getting weak, An'rou can only sigh because she knows she can only keep her mother alive for a few hours. Her only hope which is the person she summoned is not here yet.
"I met your father when there was a royal banquet at the palace. He is the High god Zhe Yan. He is a noble immortal and the best doctor in the whole of Heaven realm. I was mesmerized by his beauty and his charisma. Although he is a celibate. I fell in love with him at first sight.

After the feast, I was going to my room to rest when I passed his courtyard and saw him lying on the ground beside his gate. As it was my duty I walked towards him to help. He looked drunk but he was drugged. I had to help him. Unfortunately, we were poisoned with an aphrodisiac and ended up spending the night with each other. When we woke up, we felt disgusted with ourselves".
After that, High god Zhe Yan promised to take responsibility (marrying her) on which Xiao Rong refused. While they were discussing, a bunch of guards saw an intruder walking towards the High god's courtyard and chased after him creating chaos . Afraid, the High god gave Xiao Rong a golden hairpin as a token and so that was how Xiao Rong left the Heaven realm to live in mortal realm. She then discovered that she was pregnant but didn't return for the fear of creating trouble. And that is how she had An'rou.
Hearing all of these, An'rou stifled and continued what she was doing not looking up.
Xiao Rong coughs out blood again and An'rou cleans it with a cloth.
"Are you listening?".
"Mm"was the reply she gave.
But her mind, there is a lot of questions she wanted to ask like,
(How, where's he, why did he not search for you again;for us. Is because of him, that I was treated like an outcast. Why)
An slient "ah" was heard from her mother brought her back to the present.
The poor lady was clenching her chest in pain making An'rou to suspect how did she get severely injured that got her meridians damaged so much.
She couldn't help but frown.
On a normal basis,damaged meridians was not a problem for her cure even in life and death situation.
(Could it be..?)
"I can't be saved". Cough cough.
"My entire prowess is used up and part of my spirit has been used too. So don't worry about me" . She holds her hand firmly.
"I am not justified for what I have done to you but when I am gone things will change"
She brings out a hairpin and put it on her hand.
"In case if things change,go and find him. This hairpin will guide you to him". Xiao Rong stretches her hand and touches her face. Her eyes were brimming with tears threatening to fall.
In a choking voice,she says,
"I only ask you to forgive me for what I have done. I have not been a good mother to you. Sorry".
An'rou felt a sharp pain in her heart hearing her say all of these. Her brown eyes starts to soften.
A young man dashed into the room, looking a bit panicked.
"What happened?"
An'rou relax a bit, loosening her posture.
"You are late". An'rou looked at him with a stern face.
"Sorry. I was busy with..." An'rou cuts him and says,
"Check if there is something you can do cure her".
"Alright". The man didn't look offended. He walked towards where Xiao Rong lied, An'rou moves for him to check her.
Dressed in a simple stylish light green robe,the man sit on bed beside Xiao Rong,takes her hand and checks her pulse. After sometime,he frowns.
Judging from his look, An'rou could tell the situation is really bad. Knowing what he wants to say,she still asks him.
"Will she live"? Although her words sound harsh. It is because she is not so good in talking when she is tensed in emotions.
"Her time left is very little". The man replies. She closed her eyes in weakness. For the first time,she felt weak.
"Mr Su...Mo...ye,Master". Her mother's weak voice shatters her thoughts again. She looks at the woman who brought her to the world who looks so weak like she might disappear. She could feel a lump in her throat. The air felt stuffing for her. She looked at her mother and Shen Jue discussing something in hushed whispers she couldn't make out. Seeing how they were,she leaves the room to get some fresh air.

So guys what do you think about this chapter?. What could make An'rou so cold towards her mother? Who is this Shen Jue guy and what could he and Xiao Rong talk about that makes it impossible for Xiao Rong to hear? Follow up for the next chapter? Hope you have fun reading. Much love❤️