Chapter 22: It gets cut off

At a inn the next morning, in An'rou's room.
  The room has a similar usual design like any other good inn room; a table at the side, a bed with drapings, a dresser with a bronze mirror, a stand that held her clothes and good ventilation from the windows that gave good lighting to this simple room. The atmosphere smelled like strong that was just concocted; bitter but refreshing.
    An'rou is in the room getting dressed.

      Just as she is about to put on her outer clothing, a knock came from the room door. But before she could even ask who was it, a unknown male voice rang out,

   " Miss, it is I the porter, a Master Shen Jue is out here with me. Should I let him in?".

" Hey hey, I told you she knows me , we both booked two rooms last night. Why aren't you listening to me?". A voice sounding like Shen Jue in his unusual form was getting agitated interrupted the porter.
Upon his persuasion, the porter played deaf.

  By now, An'rou, who is the visitor had finished getting dressed and had packed up her hair in a manly ponytail, put on a hat with its dark veil over her head.

"You know what, just let me see her, I really know her". Shen Jue's voice is still heard in the hallway trying to persuading the porter to let him in.

  An'rou walked past the mirror close to the window on the dresser without looking at it and sat on the chair with the tea table. She took a cup and jug from the table and pour herself a cup of water, hearing the commotion outside she gave a quick smile and sip the water.

" Let him come in". A low voice sounded from An'rou's room.

The porter finally cleared way for Shen Jue and Shen Jue dashed in, opening and closing the door in a frenzy, taking a seat.

" A high god arguing with a mortal is something new for others to see everyday". An'rou finished the water and refills her cup.

" I have nothing to say to you about that. You mortals are something else". Shen Jue said breathless as he sat down and took a cup and serve himself some water.
    As he sips it, he made a disapproval look as he looks at the cup.

     " Even the water is not boiled, such services are poor for the room I paid so much for". He drops the cup in sheer annoyance.
  " I am not extravagant. An'rou cast a glance with rolling eyes, with her cup in her hand close to her face.

  "And I am not a miser. Hmph". Shen Jue stomped his foot like a child.

  "You weren't this nagging, had I known, I wouldn't have brought you with me".

  " You dare..." Shen Jue said in one of his lowest voices, so that she wouldn't pierce him with one of the poisonous needles. She did hear him, all thanks to her good hearing but decided to ignore it, since the ageless guy was a having a bad day.

   Actually, it is not Shen Jue is that powerless, he is profounded in cultivation and skills.

And if he were to be in a duel with An'rou,he sure would have the upper hand even though she is at her best in medicine and is good at defending herself. The reason he is able to put with her is that he slightly understands her nature towards him, she is hard hearted inside but a little warmer inside.

He sees her as a friend, admires and respects her. If he were to be harsh and imposing on her,as stubborn as she is, he won't even have a glance or word from her even at her death.

   Although,she bullies him if he annoys her, he endures it as a friend.

   " Young girl, I want to say anything... I remember now, I have (mortally) checked what you asked me to check. That Song girl received a secret letter as you predicted. So what is next?". Shen Jue moves closer.

" To move to the next step of the plan". An'rou stands up and moves to the window,on it are small pots of different kinds of herbal plants. She scrutinized each plant and noticed a plant whose one branch has withered affecting the rest of the plant. She takes her cup and is about to water but stops herself, dropping her cup aside.
      She takes a pair of scissors from her sleeves and said to Shen Jue,
   "Do you know what happens to the branch of a plant that is growing poorly?"
" It gets cut off?". Shen Jue said earnestly,with a brow up.

" Yes. After a lot of hopes for it , the gardener cuts it off to let the stem regrow". She snips the branch and throws it away.
" What do you mean?" Shen Jue looks at her with curiosity.
" Nothing". An'rou waters the plant with her cup and goes back to the seat.

   Zoning out, she thinks about a different matter.

Soon things will be clearer than of  a mirror.

  She remembers the unknown voice that said this to her in her mind.

Who are you?....Silence everywhere.

That place... That statue...

"An'rou". Shen Jue snaps her out of her thoughts.
" Hmm".
"What are you thinking about?"
"Nothing, Tell about the other realms". She said suddenly to stop him from asking her more questions.

" Hmm, why are you suddenly asking about the three realms? What do you have in mind? Spit it out". Shen Jue looks at her closer with a lot of curiosity.

She stands up and starts to walk away.

" Alright,ok I was in the wrong. Sit down,I will tell you everything you want to know".