The Note

(JenChuLiChaeng)

--Sort of everyone's pov--

Jennie rubbed her forehead, along with Rosie and Jisoo's sighs. They'd all heard Lisa singing her line in the chorus of Ready For Love one too many times. Just how hard is it to say "I'm ready for love, tell me when you're ready 'cause I'm already ready," ??

Apparently, it was proving to be quite difficult.

Lisa took a sip of water, "Last time, I promise," she said from inside the booth.

"Last time, my foot," Jisoo muttered.

"Maybe Jennie can take Lisa's rap part? You know, to save us some time?" Teddy said, saying the last part only to the three not in the booth.

Ignoring Teddy's comment, Lisa started to get the rhythm of the song again, tapping her foot along with the tune. "I'm ready for LoOve," Lisa sang, her voice cracking at the slightest. The black-haired girl took off her headphones. "Was that good?"

"Yeah!" Teddy stood up and started to clap. Then the girls understood. Teddy was faking it so that they could all go home.

Jennie and Chaeyoung let out a few "wooo!"s for their maknae, but Jisoo continued to sit.

"Jisoo-yah, c'mon, clap for her so we can go," Chaeyoung muttered to the oldest.

Lisa opened the door to the booth and let out a content sigh. "See? I told you I could do it."

"Yeah, 378 tries later," Jisoo said, not at all intending the snark that came out of it. Thank goodness Lisa didn't hear. Jisoo was usually the one of them to get tired first, and they had been in the studio for a long time. And without any food!! It's not like they weren't allowed to have any, but,

"The food will always taste better when you've worked hard and earned it," Jennie told them, putting on her jacket and wrapping up their lyric-idea-filled notebooks, and putting them away.

"Are you coming with us, oppa?" Chaeyoung asked Teddy.

"You girls can go out without me, the driver's waiting for you. I've got to finish mixing Pink Venom."

The driver was waiting for them? The girls shared a questioning glance before nodding and wishing their goodbyes to Teddy. Lisa ran down the black metal stairs of the building, not waiting for them at all.

"She's crazy," Chaeyoung chuckled, hitting the elevator button.

"Do you think she'll beat us?" Jisoo wondered.

"I highly doubt that Lisa's faster than the elevator," Jennie said, walking in and pressing the button that read 'lobby'.

Meanwhile.. Teddy dialed the driver's number. "Hey, it's me," he said into the phone. "They're coming down now, but there's a change of plans."

"Like what?" the driver at the other end of the line asked.

"The girls are hungry, but I don't want you to take them to get something to eat."

"So what am I supposed to do?"

"Take them to this address." Teddy hung up the phone abruptly, sending the address. Now, all he had to do was wait.

Jisoo got out of the elevator first, spreading her arms out. "Ahhhhh," she moaned happily. "The smell of the lobby is beautiful."

"You mean the smell of cleaning supplies?" Jennie asked with a laugh. The three girls were about to head outside when they remembered Lisa. They had been on the 6th floor.