Remember That Night?

(Jensoo, this is kind of sad, you were warned)

----------------------------

-Jennie's pov-

Jennie poked at her food, uninterested.

"Pick your head up, dear, and stop looking so . . . how do I put this? Dead inside." Her mom wiped her mouth on the pure white napkin that had been on her lap.

Jennie could only do as she was asked, yet the look on her face remained the same. Broken. Listless. "May I be excused?," She asked, on the verge of just getting up and leaving. Those were things that her mother forbade her from doing. But it's something that Ji—

She didn't let her mind finish that sentence.

"No," her mom huffed.

"You can go once you tell us why you're so sad," her father said in a more comforting tone, tipping his head. If anyone tipped their head, they made their eyes vulnerable to the light that was most likely shining above them. It allowed extra highlights to enter, tipping the scale off the chart in Jennie's head labeled 'so damn cute'.

Her girlfr— Someone she used to know tipped her head a lot. Maybe she had caught on to that scale.

Jennie decided to ignore her parents today.

She stood up, placing her napkin on the table, internally jumping at the sound the disturbing clank! of her silverware hitting the sparkling glass plate. Jennie didn't bother glaring at her parents, heading up to her room, and slamming her door sharply.

All her hope for at least finding some peace this evening dissolved, after that longing glance towards her bed. She wanted someone else to be there. To comfort her. To hold her. To tell her that it was okay. But, she was the person that'd hurt Jennie.

Never, if had she not gone through it herself like this, would she know that she could hurt more than if she was actually bleeding. She missed Jisoo's companionship. Her hugs. Her sweetness. The taste of her lips. Her smartass replying sarcastically to everything someone had to say. Jennie missed the familiarity.

Knock, knock.

"The door's locked," she huffed, ignoring the way her heart skipped a beat in hoping that it was someone she actually wanted to see. No, they had their own way of finding each other. A knock was too plain, too simple.

Jennie headed towards the shower once she was sure the person, most likely her father, had retreated. She stripped her clothes off. She wasn't even dirty, in fact, she'd taken a shower before dinner. But showering was her coping skill. Something about the way the warm, sometimes scorching, water ran down her back, through her hair, pelted on her with the same intensity no matter how many times she turned it on... it made her calm.

In all truth, it's not physically possible to be 'heartbroken' or to be in 'heartbreak' since a human heart can't just spontaneously break in half. Her friend Soyeon hadn't been much of a help earlier, just explaining to her that there are others in the world. That if her heart was actually in pieces, then she wouldn't be breathing. At times, Soyeon was comforting, but she stumbled over her words when it came to relationships.

Jennie let out a cry, bending over and leaning on her shower wall. She sobbed. Hard.

Her mind wandered to the events of the past few weeks, trying to figure out where and when everything started going wrong. So, so wrong.

———————————

-later-

Jennie sat on her floor with her diary. She looked back on the previous days' entries. Jisoo took me on a date today. She came to my house dressed fancily and even had a rose. Oh, she's so romantic. Of course I tackled her with kisses and got dressed myself. She took me to my favorite— Jennie stopped reading because she felt like she was about to vomit.