Chapter 24: Chips and chocolates

Sia:

"Dahi cheeni kha ke ja, din acha jaega." (Eat the curd and sugar, The day will go well.) Baba spoke, taking the bowl from the maid and took a spoonfull of the curd.

"Baba mai Jang ladne nahi jaa rhai, class 11th ka result hi out hua hai." (Baba, I am not going on a war, the result of class 11th is comkng out.) I shook my head at him eating a spoonful of Dahi cheeni that he fed me.

"Chale Baba or I will get late, The others have already reached school." (Let's go Baba or I will get late, the others have already reached School.) I complained tying my shoelaces. I was dressed in casuals for the PTM and so were the others because right after the PTM we had to go to the supermarket to shop for the trip we had been planning for the last 20 days since our exams were finished. All of us were going to Goa for the destination wedding of Asmita's sister. Our family knew each other, so we all were invited.

"Has Shraddha reached safely?" Baba questioned taking the hairclip from my hand and fixing it in my hairs, "Hm, Ansh and Shaurya picked her up from the airport already." I informed him.

"Is anyone coming with her?" He asked as we both got in the car.

"Umhmm, they asked me to ask my gaurdian to do her PTM." I softly spoke.

"That's okay, I will be glad to do so." He answered giving me a smile as I gave him a thankful nod.

"Though I did want to meet them if possible, it's been long since I last met Manish's family." He softly spoke looking at me. It was the same for me afterall.

He was wondering if I will be okay but ofcourse I will be. It was their choice to not keep me close to them and I anyways felt closer to my parents while being with Baba and the Raichands. It was like I knew my parents more closely even though I barely remember anything with them.

"Ahh! You were telling me about that list you made of the thing you wanted me to get for you, forward it to me, I will buy it today only. Okay?" He subtly changed the subject thinking I wouldn't notice as he took out his phone and I gave him a nod sending the list to him.

After reaching the School we both directly went to the Second floor to meet my Class teacher Dixit sir.

As soon as we entered my class, I couldn't help the surge of pride in me looking at my name on the whiteboard with the higher marks.

I had scored highest in Chemistry and Biology, while in Physics both Aavyansh and I scored the same but also the highest. We both looked at each other in a challenging way as I motioned towards the blackboard sticking my tongue out at him.

But while I took note of the other subjects, my happiness was short-lived. He had scored the highest in Maths and Computer too but what got him higher was that he scored the highest in English too while I lacked behind with just one mark which was the second highest by the way.

I couldn't help but glare at him, Asmita has once again successfully left me behind in Legal since she scored the highest with 100 on 100 while I once again followed suit with the second highest scoring 99 out of 100.

None of us had taken Hindi so it didn't matter who topped but it was Shrishti - one of the quite kids always sitting in the first seat and listening in to the teachers.

P.E.D on the other hand was ruled by our sports ace Vihaan Sehgal.

Jhanvi aunty was already there, she hugged me and wished morning to Baba, as both of them then met Dixit Sir. There were no complains made and as he handed the report card, I was genuinely happy and satisfied with my result although Ansh was bugging me continuously since somehow he came in first position and I bagged the second position.