Chapter 5: Cindrella and Jalebi

Shaurya's pov:

"Watch it Princess!" I stated as I held the girl who bumped into me by shoulder so that she won't fall. "I am not a princess, and You should also watch it." The girl said back swiftly getting away from my hold like I was electrifying her. "What?" I asked a bit take aback.

"It was your fault just as much as mine." I chuckled as I finally looked up at he girl's face instantly recognizing her Woahh! It's the girl from the class. She really has a knack for annoying me. "Was it?" I questioned as She finally looked up at me after she finished making the creases in her clothes look better.
She backed away a bit "It's you!" She scoffed and then hissed "And I wondered who the annoying prick was."

"Was it meant for me to hear or Did you unintentionally spoke it out loud?" I asked her amused. She scoffed at me "Why don't you go around and find your true love? What are you doing here yet?" She asked in a mocking tone. "You seem very invested in my Lovestory?" I asked as a Smirk formed on my face and I moved towards her with slow and steady steps.

"What? No I don't." She spoke raising her eyebrows. I mirrored her expressions. "Don't you?" I stated standing very close to her. She stumbled back as I held her by her elbow pulling her towards me and because of the little force I used or Maybe intentionally She was so close that We were breathing the same air.
Our nose was barely an inch apart.

Inspecting her features from so close, She looked so pretty. Annoying personality for a cute face. What a waste! But the faces she was making were so cute.

She gulped audibly maybe because of our closeness and So I infuriated her further as I leaned towards her, She arched back. She looked so fucking nervous and it was so amusing to watch her squinting her eyes at me.
I kept my hand on her waist making her squirm in my hold. "Wh-What are yo-you doing?" She stammered cutely trying to still get out of hold. My smirk only grew more.

"Do I affect you so much Princess?" I whispered to her only for her to scoff loudly. "What? Huh! You wish." She countered and Just as I thought She was finished she replied haughtily "You are invading my Personal space Dude!" I didn't even realize when a laugh escaped my lips.

Her phone pinged with a notification as my eyes went to her Wallpaper when she opened it. It was her eating Jalebis with one more girl. But the other girl's face wasn't so clear. She ignored it as she looked up at me and I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Go chase your love, Cindrella. It might runaway once the clock struck 12." She replied smirking. Cindrella? Who me? She is really something. "I already found it." I told her. "Huh?" She looked shocked and also annoyed. I smiled brightly at her.

I leaned towards her only for her to bend her head back forcing my other hand to hold her head gently and keep it in place. I purposely let my cheek touch hers as I slowly said "So shall We meet as Lovers from tomorrow onwards?" Her legs once again wavered but I was holding her in place. I didn't get away from her just yet. I let my lightly graze her ears once again and then ever so slowly did I face her and found her frozen, her eyes wide but her mouth open cutely.

She just stood ther gaping at me, "Close you mouth or you will catch flies, Jalebi." I spoke smirking. She just stood there as I swiftly got away from her not before announcing to the crowd we assembled. "No one and I mean it No one goes near her now onwards, She is my girl and If I hear any of you tried to pursue her or trouble her You know what will happen. So maintain a Distance."

With that I left from there leaving her frozen in the middle of the corridor. I turned back to give her a glance and found her blinking multiple times. She was comprehending what happened. I gave her a wink as I found her looking at me and turned round the corner.

Flashback:

"Love is an important factor in our lives and I think the main purpose of the Writer of this Novel is to bring in light the Changes that Love can bring in us. Just as It can make us, It can pretty much break us too." I finished giving my opinion on Love. We had just finished our Assignment which was to write a book review, and Since so many had chosen Romance books Mrs. Awasthi was just asking us about Love from our Point of view.

"The name suggests otherwise though." Someone spoke from the back as I nodded asking Mrs. Awasthi if I can explain more. She nodded.
"Jane Austen is obviously known as a Literary Romance Novelist, but there is more to her novel than just that, Like Pride and Prejudice is about overcoming Mr. Darcy's Pride and Elizabeth's Prejudice, just like that all her other novels have many other things like drawing in the light on Importance of Love over money, public thinking, Social class, A Woman's reputation and all."

"And what does that has to do with what I asked? Pride and prejudice is not a Novel just based on Romance, none of her Novel's are!" She asked again as I turned towards the voice.
" Jane Austen wrote Bildungsromane coming-of-age novels, not romance novels but Romance was still an important element in her Novel's so What were you saying again?"

Mrs. Awasthi clapped along with others for me. I was going to sit down but the voice again interuppted me "And why do you think that Romance is what attracts them to her Novel's the most." I smiled at her question.

"You are not much of a reader. Are you? Austen is my favourite which is why I considered taking in her books for the assignment in the first place but to clear your doubt that's not a Personal opinion, it's a public review that you will need to clear that question which means you should ask more people about it, but according to me, it's the way She writes it including it in the Subgenres, close yet away from the Main plot which only attracts me more to it."

"I am not sure We are talking about the real love here, because in reality Love comes with Expectations, forces us to change our morals and ideals and one day just suddenly disappears." She answered. "Then that's simply not love. Love is pure, it's eternal and there is always comfort in it maybe even pain but It's what it is." I replied to her.

"Umhmm... What you are defining is a Fictional Love not reality." She countered. "Love doesn't exist, you seem to be living in a Fantasy." She scoffed loudly. I surely wasn't backing down. "What do you think about Love then, Miss?" I asked her a bit perplexed.

"Love? It's just a word that there until the said other person can control you, or you can control him/her. Love is so blind that you will be ready to even die for someone even if that person doesn't even spares you a glance. It's terrible, Humans are selfish, and they are better off these feelings which are so strong that they make you feel, that to makes others happy is greater than making ourselves be happy." She paused. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Cindrella, show fitting, that's a story, not reality and yet everyone is waiting for their prince Charming or a Damsel in distress, which according to me is bullshit." She finished.

"You have certainly quite an opinion for a 16 year old." I said amused. She nodded "Ofcourse I do, I am not a child anymore. I know the difference between the Fairytale myths and Reality." I smirked at her "Yeah personal Experience Miss Love exist and even you may find it one day, that is if you are lucky enough."

She scoffed once again, personally I was wondering just how much he scoffs in a day. "Yeah, Good thing I am not interested in finding it, I am better off without love." I shook my head but before I could reply Mrs. Awasthi interuppted us "You both can take your seats Shaurya and Miss Sharma."
We complied.

"You both have your own review on it, and the novel that you both chose frame it perfectly, You justify it rhe right way, and since they are your own opinions, I wouldn't say much but Ofcourse I agree with Shaurya more because I have had the experience and as for you Miss Sharma, I can guess where you are coming from, but I am sure that one day you will get the chance to change your opinions for once and all, and If you need someone to talk to I am always here." She smiled brightly at us.

The girl mirrored her Expression as I heard her mumble "I doubt that But sure Thankyou." I just shook my head at her once again as Mrs. Awasthi dismissed the Class and I left to search for my friends since they didn't come to the the class after the lunch.

I changed Shraddha's nickname. And besides Jalebi is much cute...

Finally got the time to write another chapter... Hope you guys like it... If you haven't already guessed it's about the Second leads.
So drop your comments and votes.

Thankyou.