His words were quietly spoken and then immediately wanting to be taken back. Cooper ignored her sharp gaze on the side of his face. She could read his emotions any moment, all she had to do was get one look at his body motions. Alice had once said that being left had caused her to grow up quicker and adapt to become the best. It was the latter of the bunch that made him the most concerned. He had watched her lie and mold herself into whatever shape somebody wanted her to fit into. The girl was like water, constantly moving and shifting, never settling down for anything despite their love for it. Cooper was afraid that she would leave him behind one day, either in death or flight, he didn't know which would hurt more.

"Why are they so poetic about each other!?" Barty complained, "They're fourteen!"

Alice's words were harsh when they came out, but unlike him, she had no regrets for what she was about to say. "If life was fair, we would still have parents and Albus Dumbledore would be dead."

Sabrina stifled a laugh, other people looking mildly concerned at the girl that was only fourteen when she said that.

"It only gets darker from here," Neville commented to those who stared.

He opened his mouth twice but no words came out. Her words had cut deep into his chest, revealing the bitter truth that he liked to hide away from. Cooper Potter was more forgotten than his twin. Why would he be remembered? He wasn't the one that had "saved" the whole Wizarding World. He didn't have millions of books written on him and a scar that sat like a lightning bolt in between his eyes. The older Potter might have had more stories on him if the world had known the truth of what occurred that night. But there was no truth there in his green eyes that were only a few shades brighter than his mother's, a few shades different than his twin's. There was only pity and silence that lingered in the folds of the forest greens, invisible trees and flowers blooming wherever his gaze fell— the current moment, that gaze falling on the petite girl in from of him whose blue and blonde hair caught the candle light whenever she went.

Harry turned to face his brother with a grin. "You want my title, bro?"

"Nah I'm good, bro." Cooper replied with a smirk.

"You sure?"

The rest of their walk to the Great Hall was filled with awkward silence, the only sound being the clicking of Alice's red bottom heels. Both Slytherin's didn't know how to be the first one to speak, it was a toxic trait that the two both constantly pursued. Communication was hard, how could it be when no one taught you how to deal with the strong feelings life throws at you.

Inside the Hall, breakfast filled the tables but not many were sitting down and eating with their friends. A large circle that oddly seemed to be the same consistency of chalk surrounded a giant golden goblet. It had been placed where the sorting hat would have been, being much more shiny than the old, dusty hat. Alice had practically cried when it was placed on her head for the first time.

Harry's eyes rolled at her dramatics.

She swore like a sailor in her mind when it was placed onto her perfectly waved blonde hair. That meant that the first thing the hat heard when it was on her was- 'If I actually get lice from his shitty, dusty old hat that must be older than Morgana herself. Then I'm going to murder that old, ass wizard in cold blood, I bet my dagger would look mighty fine in his throat.'

𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒|| wtm hpजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें