Chapter 15 - Painful Departure

CLAY'S POV:

As I open my eyes, I'm greeted by the sight of George's hair in my face. He's peacefully sleeping, his head resting on my chest, while Patches snoozes on the pillow above us.

As I extend my hand upwards, I gently stroke Patches, relishing in her soft fur. Meanwhile, my other hand caresses George's waist, delicately lifting his shirt and tracing soothing circles on his back.

I smile as I remember yesterday. I glance at my boyfriend's neck and my smile grows bigger when I see the necklace on him. It makes me feel happy and loved.

George's hand gently wraps around my waist, and he buries his head deeper into my chest. I continue to stroke his back. Eventually, he looks up at me, his chin resting on my chest, and our eyes meet.

"Good morning," I say with a warm smile, my heart fluttering at the sight of him.

He smiles back and waves before burying his head in my chest again. It's obvious that he's not a morning person. I shift my hand from Patches to his head and gently stroke his hair.

He settles into my touch, finding comfort in the gentle strokes. We stay like that for a while, lost in our own little world. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door, causing Patches to scurry away in surprise. The door creaks open and Nick's head pops in.

"Hello, lovebirds. I heard what happened yesterday, so I made you two breakfast to celebrate." Nick says, cutely and smiles at us.

I smile and nod in gratitude. "Thank you, Sap. We'll be down in a bit."

He nods in response and closes the door behind him. I can hear his footsteps as he chases after Patches, and I chuckle.

"Let's get up, Georgie," I say as I gently shake his shoulder.

He shakes his head, groans, and hides his face in my shirt. I chuckle affectionately and ruffle his hair. He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers, so I stop.

"It's your last day here, let's make the most of it," I remind him gently, feeling his hug tighten.

"I don't want to leave," he says with a hint of sadness in his voice, and my heart aches in response.

"I don't want you to leave, either. I'm gonna fly to the UK before Christmas, so we can spend it together, I promise you." I assure him, and he nods with a smile, feeling comforted by my words.

"I can't wait," he whispers and then sits up.

We both make our way downstairs and find Nick waiting for us at the dining table. The air is filled with the delightful scent of food and the table is set with a spread of pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

We sit down and begin eating. As we enjoy our meal, Nick asks about our day yesterday, and George starts telling him everything in details. I watch George with admiration as he passionately shares the story.

When we finish eating, we all clean up and gather in the living room. George and I cuddle up on one side of the couch, while Nick lays on the other side with Patches in his lap. We watch a movie together.

"Let's stream," Nick suggests when the movie ends. I glance at George, silently waiting for his opinion.

"Okay, let's do it," he says in a playful tone, getting up from the couch. He reaches out his hand and extends it to help me up.

We head upstairs, with George and I going to my room while Nick goes to his room. Once we're settled, we join the Discord call and start discussing who should stream first and brainstorming ideas for our streams.