Chapter 14 - The Beginning Of Us

GEORGE'S POV:

As the days pass by, leaving back to the UK weighs heavily on my mind. I do my best to push the thought aside, but it's a constant presence in my thoughts. Clay and I are alone for today, because Nick and Karl went to visit Foolish.

"Georgie!" Clay exclaims as he bursts out of the bathroom, his eyes lighting up as he spots me lying on his bed.

"What do you have up your sleeve?" I ask with a playful smile, noticing the mischievous look on his face. It's clear that he's planning something.

"Get ready. We're going on a date," he says, raising his eyebrows before going back to the bathroom.

I feel a slight blush spread across my cheeks as I approach the bathroom. Clay is standing at the sink, trimming his beard, while I reach over to turn on the shower, allowing the water to warm up.

After Clay finishes trimming his beard, he heads back to the bedroom, leaving me to enjoy a refreshing shower. I quickly step into the warm water and cleanse myself, letting the gentle streams wash away any lingering stress or worries.

After stepping out of the shower, I towel dry my hair and proceed to brush my teeth, ensuring a fresh breath. I then apply cologne and deodorant to my freshly washed skin. Wrapping a towel around my waist, I make my way to the bedroom to choose an outfit.

I'm about to ask Clay for outfit advice when I catch sight of his outfit.

"Wow!" I exclaim, admiring his outfit. He's wearing a crisp white button-up shirt and well-fitting jeans, a departure from his usual style. His choice of jewelry adds to the outfit.

He smiles at me, and as he approaches, the familiar scent of his laundry detergent envelops me, bringing a comforting feeling of home. Clay gently places his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him, and our lips meet in a tender kiss.

When our lips touch, a surge of warmth and excitement rushes through me, igniting millions of sensations in my stomach. It's as if fireworks have exploded within me, filling me with joy and anticipation.

He gently releases our kiss, but his embrace tightens, pulling me closer into a comforting hug. The warmth of his body against mine, the steady rhythm of his heart, and the strength in his arms all provide a sense of security. I feel safe and at home when I'm with him.

"You're pretty," I whisper, feeling his warm breath against my skin as he takes in my scent. The words escape my lips, tinged with a mixture of awe and adoration.

"Only for you, Georgie," he whispers back, his voice filled with tenderness and affection. It's a simple statement, but it holds a depth of meaning that resonates within me, igniting a fluttering sensation of joy and love.

Patches playfully scratches Clay's leg, catching his attention. He gently scoops her up, cradling her in his arms, and starts petting her. He sits down on the bed, creating a cozy spot for both him and Patches.

I look at the clothes hanging in the closet, trying to choose what to wear for our date. Clay told me to keep some of my clothes here, so I don't have to bring them every time I visit. It's nice to have a designated space for myself.

As I select a pair of jeans and a black button-up shirt from the closet, I notice Clay's gaze fixed on me. I feel a rush of warmth and confidence as I dress myself, and when I finally fasten the last button on my shirt, Clay's grin widens.

"I can't wait to rip this shirt off you," he whispers, causing me to blush profusely. I cover my face with my hand, but Clay steps closer to me. Patches curiously watches our interaction from the side.