Angleterre, je t'aime et je te déteste

Start from the beginning

Historians....the ones I had talked to in the past, predict that humanity is bound to have a major war every hundred years or so. Now, it was predicted that we were overdue for one. It is weird to think about, but I wondered if that was what he was worried about. Unless he could care less, and I was trying to find excuses for him.

"Now then, we will talk about the situation of each nation," Alfred began. It made me smile, turning my head to face Arthur. "YESS! NOW! RIGHT NOW! THERE IS A NATION EVERYONE IS CURIOUS ABOUT," I smirked.

"Isn't the whole world paying attention to what my dear master, my Lil monsieur England's doing after he got out of the EU? RIGHT NOW! What's going on? What's happening? How is he feeling? We all want to know, Don't we?" I smiled. I turned to Arthur again, and he began to clutch his documents eagerly and annoyed. "And we all want to hear it from the horse's mouth," I smirked.

"You are immature...FINE! I WILL REPORT MY CURRENT SITUATION FIRST!" Arthur glared back. He had begun walking up the stage, stopping front and centre at the podium. "Hello, everyone...I want to start by saying that as someone used to isolated situations like these, I must admit how chaotic the situation has gotten. We had been overflowing with goods we could not sell, and it had gotten to the point where I had to store some of those goods in my own home. It was frustrating trying to meet the demands for sausage. The demands were high, but we could not sell due to regulations..." He started. He glanced at me, and I smiled, a bit happy.

This was it! The moment he asks to rejoin the EU!

Check and Mate!

Suddenly, a giant smirk spread across his face, and he smiled at me. Causing my smile to drop as he stared at me. "HOWEVER, THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M JUST GOING TO MOURN THE SITUATION!" He smiled. He looked at me, pointing, and I jumped. "DID YOU THINK THAT I, WHO ONCE DOMINATED THE SEVEN SEAS, WOULD ONLY HAVE EYES FOR EUROPE?" He laughed as if he had broken.

He threw a list at me, causing me to bend down and pick it up to look. "Those are a list of countries I am now doing business with! Including the Philipines, America, and many of my commonwealth!" He laughed maniacally like he was a Disney villain.

"All of them are so-"

"YES! It is the Philippines and many others. Distance is no longer an issue in this modern era of advanced logistics technology! SO THE EU ARE NOT THE ONLY BUSINESS PARTNERS I HAVE!"

"Huh? How did I not see this coming?"

"you thought I would wave a white flag if you destroyed my market? WHEN YOU DID NOT KNOW, I WOULD JUST OPEN UP A NEW ONE WHEN THERE'S NONE! AND IF MY PRODUCTS ARE GOOD, THERE WILL BE A LOT OF CUSTOMERS IN THE WORLD WHO WILL BUY THEM!" He shouted! All his anger was being thrown at me as he approached me.

"IN OTHER WORDS, I'M BUSINESS PARTNERS WITH THE ENTIRE WORLD! YOU REALLY THOUGHT THAT THIS WOULD BE THE END FOR ME AFTER BEING LOCKED OUT OF THE EU? THAT'S TOO BAD!"

Immediately, I felt shocked. I had done my best to ensure he came back. I even hoped he would come back, crawling, asking me for forgiveness for all the trouble he put me through. Maybe even tears, clinging to me and begging for a return. "No way...does that mean...I won't be seeing you crying in despair?"

Alfred came beside me, laughing, and I turned to him, annoyed. He was munching on some sausages. "England is proud and stubborn; no matter how much trouble he is in, he will always find a way to come back," Alfred smiled. However, I just looked at him, annoyed.

"This has nothing to do with you; why are you here, child? Did you just come to buy sausages from him? After everything I was working for?"

"Well...The fourth of July is coming up....and I was going to have a huge killer barbeque....Art-England said he'd give me a discount too since it was my birthday," He giggled. However, I turned to Arthur, annoyed. He was standing there, a bit embarrassed, turning away.

Now he wants to be a sweet little father?

"Merde..."

I took a deep breath, approaching England, who was smirking at me. Pleased with how everything turned out for him. "Well...that's very on brand for him...I guess..." I whispered. He smiled at me sweetly, reaching a hand out for me to grab. I could not help but smile in response, grabbing it.

"And I did not expect any less from you!"

"It would be no fun if my rival isn't as strong as I am!"

The grip tightened, so I returned the gesture.

"Who are you calling your rival? I have always been stronger than you; now let go of my hand, stop holding it tightly..."

"You first...but NEXT TIME! FOR SURE! I will for real...I'll legit make you cry...for real!"

"Stop making it sound creepy..."

"Not until you stop pissing me off!"

Everyone just watched as if confused about our actions toward each other.