Point 17: Found Out By The One Person I Didn't Want To Know

**Sena**

I pushed Akashi away from me. "Okay, too close," I said. "Back away."

"You still haven't answered my question."

"And I don't really care."

Akashi sighed. "Sena, you know--"

"No, I don't know!" I snapped, feeling even more nauseous. I stumbled away, trying to get off the court. My head was spinning and it was hard to see.

I can't be here.

I can't.

Now that I can't play.

Especially that I can't play now.

I can't do this anymore.

I can't play basketball anymore.

I just can't.

As soon as my feet left the asphalt of the court, my legs immediately buckled. And the last thing I remember seeing was...

The blue sky.

White clouds.

Birds.

And vampire eyes.

<•><•><•>

I woke up in the hospital. My headache had stopped, but my legs ached.

"Ah, Ashikaga-san?" a nurse asked. "Are you alright? How are you feeling?"

"M-My legs..." I manage to say. "Hurt."

"Dear me," the nurse said sadly, writing something on her clipboard.

"Are you..." I tried to remember my doctor's name. "Tetsurou Honoka's friend?"

"Honoka-san?" the nurse asked. "Was she your doctor?"

"Y-Yes."

"Just wait a moment, I'll be right back with her." And te nurse left.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

Lets see...

What was I doing before I passed out...

Umm...

My eyes shot open and I suddenly felt the pressure on my hand. I glanced over and saw a sleeping redhead by my side.

Oh.

Thank god.

He's asleep.

The door opened, and a young woman with short brown hair walked in. "Hello, Sena," Honoka said, smiling. "It's been a while."

"Sh..." I managed to whisper. I nodded at Akashi.

Why was he here?

Honoka nodded and sat on the edge of my bed. "So, this boy here said that you were going to play a basketball match when you started feeling nauseous, yes? Then you got a bit of a dizzy spell?"

I nodded.

Honoka clicked her tongue. "Sena, what did I say about playing basketball? I told you not to play."

"I wasn't going to," I said defensively. "This 'boy' here challenged me to a game and I refused."

"But how did you end up on the court?"

"He..." i looked away, embarrassed. "He bribed me with some cheese flan."

Honoka sighed. "Sena, you know better than anyone that you cannot, and absolutely cannot, play basketball anymore. I don't want you to stay here twenty-four-seven because of your accident. And ever since that happened, you've seemed to have a trauma of playing on the court."

I bit my lip.

"And what's worse is that you're a famous player, and people ask about when are you playing and et cetera."

I twiddled my thumbs.

"And if people recognize you and see you playing, who knows what's going to happen," Honoka continued.

I still did not say anything.

She sighed. "Anyway, how are your legs? Are they feeling better?"

I shrugged. "I guess so."

"Straight to the point, please, Sena."

"No."

"Describe the pain."

"It's mainly just throbbing," I said. "But nothing else."

"Where does it hurt?" Honoka asked.

"Around the joints. And the muscles."

Honoka wrote the things down. "I see...Any other pain that you would like to mention?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Okay then." Honoka stood. "I'll be back, Sena. Rest."

"It's not like I can move," I said, gesturing to the boy on my hand.

She smirked and walked out of the room.

I exhaled softly and leaned back onto my pillow, relaxing my shoulders.

That was tiring.

"I see you're hiding things from me, Sena."

My eyes widened with shock.

Oh god.

Oops.