Point 22: Skipping and Hair Dye

~~Sena~~

I didn't want to go to school. I didn't want to go to see anyone from my past.

Come to think of it...

I didn't even have any friends at Rakuzan, did I? That's slightly pathetic.

I hit my alarm clock with annoyance and sat up, groaning softly and rubbing an eye. I glanced in my dresser mirror and ran a hand through my abnormal colored hair and sighed.

Maybe I should re-dye it another color and get a new haircut. And maybe transfer to another school. With my money and connections, that would be a piece of cake.

I got out of bed and went to go get my uniform, dressing in it. I made myself a Japanese breakfast to eat and stared at the daily news on the TV, bored out of my mind.

I should perhaps discuss the transferring schools with the principal.

Or, to me, he's better known as Uncle.

I skipped school.

To dye my hair a different color.

I walked down the street, hood over my head and earbuds in my ears. Music played loudly and I tapped my hands to the beat as I strolled along.

Then I saw someone familiar.

Someone with dark hair.

I looked at him closer and pulled out an earbud. "Tatsuya?"I asked, confused.

He looked at me, and he broke into a smile. "Sena? Is that you, Sena?" Himuro walked over to me. "It really is you, Sena!"

"Tatsuya, what are you doing out of school?" I asked, confused.

Himuro shrugged. "Skipping. And you?"

"I'm dying my hair another color," I answered. "And after I get colored contacts, I'm gonna see if I can sign up for some acting class."

He frowned in confusion. "Eh...?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, I was kidding. But I am getting my hair dyed. Want to tag along?" I asked.

Tatsuya smiled. "Sure. I don't mind."

We set off for the barber shop and settled into a nice, comfortable conversation on our way there.

"So, why are you skipping?" I asked curiously after a while.

Tatsuya shrugged again. "Hmm, I think it's because I'm not in the mood for school, maybe?"

"What about Atsushin?" I asked. "Doesn't he need you to help around things?"

He laughed. "Atsushi needs to learn how to do things by himself every once in a while."

-

My new hair color? I got it dyed blue.

With white streaks.

On Tatsuya's recommendation.

"'Blue and white look good on you, Sena, so don't change the color,'" he said. "'Just switch it up a bit.'"