chapter 9

Lan Xichen went to check up on his brother after making sure that Nie Mingjue was ok." Wangji, are you ok?". He asked as he sat next to his younger brother. Lan Zhan nodded his head as he looked at Wei Ying and brushed some hair off of his face." I want to take him to cloud recesses". He said as he je looked at his brother and then turned to the sleeping Wei Ying. Xichen thought for a moment but in the end decided that it would be best if the younger did in fact come with them to cloud recesses.

Xichen had also noticed the resentful energy around Wei Ying and knew that the Jiang clan wasn't specialized in such things, but the Lan clan knew more about this manner, plus being with Lan Zhan could help Wei Ying, Xichen had noticed how the latter instantly became calmer and less tense the moment his little brother was near him." It is a good idea, i approve for sure but i'm not too sure if uncle will be". He said to his brother who looked at his older brother again in worry, remembering that his uncle didn't like Wei Ying." But don't worry, he can't saw no anyways, i'm the clan leader not him". Reassured Xichen to Lan Zhan's surprise, he had never heard his brother speak about their uncle in this way.

But he was still grateful to his older brother." I'll take care of clan leader Nie and be back to cloud recesses in maybe a week or two, will you be ok?". Asked Xichen, Wangji nodded his head to show yes." Take care of him". Said Xichen quietly to his younger brother, who nodded again in response as he watched his older brother walk further and further away until he couldn't see him anymore. Lan Zhan looked down at Wei Ying, he was still worried about the sleeping man in his arms, but he looked so peaceful at the moment that Lan Zhan couldn't help the small smile that made it's way on his face." Let's go home Wei Ying". He said quietly as he stood up and picked up Wei Ying bridal style in his arms and started walking away and to cloud recesses.

When he arrived it had already been three days and Wei Ying was still asleep when Lan Zhan put him in his bed after walking to his room to avoid his uncle and all of his questions about Wei Ying. It was currently almost curfew and Lan Zhan was feeling tired from not being able to sleep for three days so he also laid down next to Wei Ying and fell asleep shortly afterwards.