chapter 33

~ A year later ~

Lan Zhan was currently pacing around in his brother's room, something that he never does." It's going to be ok little brother, he loved you just as much as you do". Said Xichen for what seemed like the hundredth time that day." But what if he says no?". Said Lan Zhan in a nervous voice." He won't, Wangji, trust me". Said Xichen as he got up from his seat and made his way in front of his younger brother.

" Don't worry, just say how you feel and it will all go well". Said Xichen as he patted his brother's shoulder comfortingly." Thank you xiongzhang". Said Lan Zhan as he hugged his brother, which he didn't really do often so Xichen always loved it." Ok, go get your husband now". Said Xichen making his brother let out a small laugh as they separated and walked to the door." Bye brother". Said Xichen as he waved to his little brother and then gave him a thumbs up, to which his brother smiled." Bye". He said as he walked towards his room where Wei Ying was at the moment.

" Hi love". Said Lan Zhan as he came in his room and Wei Ying turned to him with a smile." Hi babyyy, how was your day?". Asked the younger man as it was already the early evening." It was good, but it good even better". Answered Lan Zhan with a cheeky grin as Wei Ying chuckled and walked over to hug him. "Aw, i wonder how that happened". He said teasingly as he kissed his boyfriend. They both stayed in each other's arms for what seemed like forever until Lan Zhan separated himself from the younger.

" I have a surprise for you". He said as he gently took his hand and walked out of his room." But it's almost curfew". Said Wei Ying almost questioning what he was doing at this hour." That is not important i have permission from my brother". Said Lan Zhan as they walked past the last few disciples that were walking by and they started going down a hill.

Wei Ying realized that they were heading down to the cold springs, one of the first places where they had had a moment." What are we doing here Lan Zhan?". He asked as Lan Zhan sat him down on a big rock, which looked more like a chair than anything else. Lan Zhan sat down next to him and looked away from Wei Ying's gaze, feeling nervous." What's wrong, you look nervous". Asked Wei Ying as he scooted closer to Lan Zhan and rested his head on the older's shoulder.

Lan Zhan sighed, looking over at his boyfriend and getting lost in his eyes, the moonlight shining on his beautiful face making it impossible for Lan Zhan to take his eyes off of Wei Ying." I took you here to ask you something, actually ". Answered Lan Zhan as Wei Ying nodded and let Lan Zhan talk to him, not wanting to interrupt him.

" This last year and a half we have been together, and before that, when you weren't next to me i missed you so much that it hurt and when you came back i realized how much i loved you and that i never want to lose you ever again". Wei Ying could feel tears in his eyes but Lan Zhan whipped them off gently and continued.

" Everyday i wake up and i just fall in love you all over again and when i go to sleep i feel so lucky to be able to see you and hold you, and i want to be able to hold you for the rest of my life and wake up with you for the rest of my life and be able to fall asleep with you next to me for the rest of my life, i love you so much Wei Ying". Lan Zhan took a deep breath before getting up and standing in front of Wei Ying and asking the big question." Will you marry me?". For a moment Wei Ying felt like he couldn't breathe, everything around him stopped and he could only see Lan Zhan with the question repeating in his mind over and over again until he finally breathed out.

" Yes, yes i will marry you Lan Zhan i love you so so much too!". He screamed as he jumped on Lan Zhan to hug him tightly. The older  let out a sigh of relief he didn't know he was holding in and hugged Wei Ying tightly, never letting go. Wei Ying could feel the tears roll down his cheek and onto Land Zhan's shoulder but he couldn't have cared less at the moment." I love you so much Wei Ying". Said Lan Zhan as he put Wei Ying down on the floor and kissed him passionately, wrapping his hand around his waist and the other behind Wei Ying's neck to bring him closer as Wei Ying put his arms around his neck and kissed him back." I love you too, so much Lan Zhan". Said Wei Ying as they separated from the kiss.

They both smiled as they hugged each other, enjoying being in each other's embrace.