chapter 8

As Wei Ying continued playing his music, he started getting closer and closer to Wen Ruohan, the latter was standing at the very top of the stairs, watching over everything and everyone, looking slightly taken back with what was happening, Wei Ying took that as an opportunity to do a surprise attack, so he snuck up from behind the old man and used the resentful energy to hurt him, he shoved him against the wall, walking up to be infront of the man as he looked at Wei Ying in shock, having thought that he had died when he was thrown in the burial mounds.

At this point Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen stopped what they were doing for a second and  looked up to see if their brothers were ok before resuming fighting the puppets, Wei Ying was now choking Ruohan." Surprised?". He said in a calm but arrogant tone as he chuckled." But you're supposed to be dead!". Shouted the man as he tried to get some air." Well, unfortunately for you i didn't". Replied Wei Ying in a menacing way. Lan Zhan looked at him from afar, he felt that Wei Ying had changed, he could see how he wasn't the same as before and that made Lan Zhan wonder, what happened to Wei Ying, was he actually thrown into the burial mounds?

" Wei Wuxian, stop this". Shouted once again the old man as he struggled to get air." Should i stop? It's no fun if i stop now". Said Wei Ying in a condescending tone as he smirked. Lan Zhan saw this and was surprised by Wei Ying's behavior, he knew that the younger was brave but this was more than that, Lan Zhan could feel the resentful energy that sorounded the younger and he noticed the black smoke around him. He walked closer and closer to Wei Ying until he was next to him." Wei Ying". He said quietly to the mentioned man, he wanted to calm him down before he did something that could hurt him, he was very worried about Wei Ying right now because of the amount of hateful energy that was in Wei Ying.

The moment Wei Ying heard Lan Zhan's voice he calmed down. Lan Zhan put his hand on Wei Ying's shoulder, making him instantly feel less tense and nervous." Lan Zhan, d-don't touch me, it's dangerous". Said Wei Ying as he tried to keep his focus on Wen Ruohan, who had by now passed out, Wei Ying wanted to kill him right here right now but Lan Zhan stopped him. Suddenly, all of the puppets dropped dead as they were fighting each other, Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen staring at the scene in shock.

Lan Zhan stood there and went down a couple of stairs to make sure his older brother was ok when suddenly Wen Ruohan stood up and put his hand around Wei Ying's neck, choking him." How did you that?". Asked Wen Ruohan." Stygian Tiger amulet". He answered arrogantly. Wen Ruohan looked pike he was about to say something but stopped, momentary confusing Wei Ying, who finally was able to breath properly. He looked at Wen Ruohan who spit out blood and fell to the floor, Meng Yao stood behind him with a bloodied sword in his hands, he had stabbed him in his heart, killing him once and for all. Wei Ying finally felt the wave of exhaustion and allowed himself to fall back.

Lan Zhan saw this quickly went to Wei Ying's side and took him in his arms as he looked up at Meng Yao." Young master please, master Nie is inside and hurt". Said Meng Yao in a panicked voice. Lan Xichen quickly went to inside the palace and took out some spare medicine he had and gave it to Nie Mingjue and transfered some spiritual power to the older Master. Jiang Cheng looked at Wei Ying, worried about his state but Lan Zhan had a reassuring look, telling him that the young man would be ok, so Jiang Cheng went to Meng Yao to take care of him and left Wei Ying in Lan Zhan's care. " Wei Ying". Said Lan Zhan in a worried tone, the feeling being visible on his face. " Lan Zhan, i'm ok now". Smiled Wei Ying as he finished his sentence and finally let his fatigue take over as he closed his eyes and fell asleep in Lan Zhan's arms