San Lang, welcome back[Epilogue]

𝑻𝒘𝒐 𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓~

Xie Lian looked towards the sky. It was colourful with the setting sun. There were golden hues and orange rays, as well as the ocean blue shade of the darkening sky.

"Want some tea?" asked Feng Xin.

They were in the Puqi shrine. Hua Cheng was in his San Lang form, and he went outside to get some wood.

Xie Lian smiled, "Thank you."

The Puqi shrine was no longer run down anymore. It had developed into a well furnished temple. Xie Lian, also, was no longer just a scrap collecting immoral. No longer was he the laughing stock of the Heavens.

His former glory had returned. He was now the strongest martial god of Heavens, even though he refused to have the position of the Emperor.

As of right now, there had not been an Emperor. The Heavenly Court decided to not have one. Any decision was made by the consultation of top martial and civil gods, as well as the elemental gods.

Xie Lian had many temples built after him. And along with being a martial god, he was also prayed to for love and affections.

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian were often worshipped together, their love stories spreading far and wide.

Quan Yizhen and Yin Yu could finally converse without being awkward. The others more or less remained the same.

Shi QingXuan had ascended as the Wind Master yet again, and had retained his position as well. But this time, he was quite different.

He was still the cheerful Wind Master, but this time, he had an air of maturity to him, his eyes and words held more depth.

His time on the streets had truly made an impact on him, a good one at that.

His army of beggars were treated by him well and he appointed all of them as either priests of his temples or junior officials if someone wanted to be.
There were a few of them.

Feng Xin had reconciled with Cuo Cuo and Jian Lan, but as soon as he did, both of them dissipated.

They didn't have any regrets or pain with them anymore. Cuo Cuo finally had called him 'dad'.

Feng Xin never really talked about it, but Xie Lian knew he was happy about it. He wished peace for them.

It was good for them.

And Feng Xin.

Mu Qing had opened up more to the both of them, albeit Feng Xin and Mu Qing still got into fights.

Mei Nianqing and Jun Wu still lived in Mount Tong'lu. Xie Lian visited them from time to time. Sometimes Jun Wu would open up to him about his past trauma and they would reconcile more and more, even though they did have conversations containing insanity of their painful past.

Ling Wen and Pei Ming were still the same as ever. Lang Qianqiu had come to terms with his own fate and accepted it, even though it took some time.

Pei Su had ascended again, and this time, he made BanYue his junior official, Pei Ming was rather miffed with it, but he didn't oppose it after all. It was Pei Su's life in the end, and not his.

The ghost city was as loud and chaotic as always. He Xuan was still in touch with Hua Cheng for debt clearing. But by now, they had more or less developed a decent friendship, a lot of it being because of Xie Lian.

Not many things changed, yet a lot of things changed.

Mu Qing came out and spoke, "Dinner is ready."

Xie Lian smiled, "Thank you for cooking Mu Qing."

Mu Qing snorted, "I can't eat your cooking, of course I had to do it."

Xie Lian spoke, "Oh come on. My cooking got a lot better now."

Mu Qing snorted, "It still needs to go a long way in my opinion."

Xie Lian laughed, but he knew Mu Qing was happy with the appreciation.

Suddenly they heard footsteps. Feng Xin and Mu Qing looked ahead. Xie Lian was excited as he looked at the entrance of the Puqi shrine.

The golden sun set past the horizon of the world, as the rays of it spread all around the sky. There was a single man in maple red robes with a lope sided ponytail, his hands containing woods. He put them down by the courtyard. He looked at Xie Lian and smiled sweetly. Xie Lian smiled back.

Feng Xin and Mu Qing couldn't help but smile at the love struck two men in front of him.

The man in red walked towards them. Xie Lian excitedly headed over to him, happy and so, so, so in love with him.

"San Lang! Welcome back!"

𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦, 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑠.
𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒, 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑏𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑠.
𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑠𝑘𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑡𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑢𝑠,
𝑎𝑠 𝑤𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑜𝑛.

𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑜𝑙𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢,
𝑛𝑜𝑤, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟.

❤️🤍

{The End}

__________________________________

A/N: And that's the end of this fic. Thank you sooo for reading. It's been a blast writing it. <3 Hope you enjoyed it.

Until next time.

Love,
Rubi.