San Lang, I am here

𝑫𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅.
𝑷𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒗𝒆.
𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒖𝒔.
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚,
𝒘𝒊𝒉𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒔' 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉,
𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑.
𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕,
𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅.

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒗𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆,
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒊𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆.

Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Since he had a reputation of being a mystery solver among the gods, the whole meeting came to a conclusion to assigne him in this case, along with a martial and civil god.

The martial god who volunteered was Pei Ming, and the civil god who volunteered was Lin Yue.

Xie Lian wanted to strangle the woman right then and there when she had volunteered. Since she was fairly popular among the mortals, they agreed, presuming she had the knowledge to help them.

Truth be told, the other gods just wanted Xie Lian to handle the danger while they sat back and relaxed. He knew this very well. He didn't mind, but Feng Xin and Mu Qing did. They were very much against this idea. But they were just two against many others. So of course majority won.

Pei Ming had a good opinion of Xie Lian and wanted to help him, since he was the second strongest martial god. This was a devastation they were dealing with, so they had to be as careful as possible.

Assigning their junior officials to answer prayers, the three of them came down. Xie Lian didn't have any junior officials as he was worshipped alongside Hua Cheng in many places, which was rather pretty frowned upon by the other officials, but he didn't mind. His name had spread quite a bit by now and more people were worshiping him. Many ghosts also helped him fulfill the wishes of the common people, much to their dismay, but they trusted Xie Lian as much as they trusted Hua Cheng.

They walked through the central plains, and ended up in a forest on the way to the central capital.

Lin Yue spoke, "TaiZi DianXia, it has been a while since there has been such a big problem in the mortal realm. Do you have any idea of who this new devastation could be? Any guesses?"

'Shut you hole, assface.' Xie Lian wanted to say that really bad to this bitch that was walking beside him, but obviously he didn't show it. Instead, he spoke, "Much ashamed. I have no guesses. How about General Pei? Do you have any?"

Pei Ming shook his head, "No idea. Who knows who this guy is."

Lin Yue sighed, "Looks like it's going to be a tough mission. We know nothing of our enemy."

"Ling Wen is investigating as much as she can. She will give us information in a short while I believe." Xie Lian spoke.

Lin Yue smirked, "Hmph. The palace of worn out shoes is always worn out after all. How much information can she collect?"

'More than you can afford to hold in that ant sized brain of yours.' That was Xie Lian's head slandering her. Pei Ming spoke, "Hey. Noble Jie is very good at collecting information. She will surely give us some good information."