San Lang, you are beautiful

𝑷𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆, 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓.
𝑳𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒄𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓.
𝑷𝒂𝒍𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒌𝒚 𝒔𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒌, 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒆,
𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒛𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒔 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔,
𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝑰 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏.

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒅.

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng sat for lunch.

It was a small feast as usual. There were some big meatbuns, some osmanthus cakes, two bowls of soup, rice and and of course, some mantou.

Hua Cheng prepared fruit juice for Xie Lian every meal with his own hands. Every single meal had a different fruit juice.

For example, in breakfast, Hua Cheng made Lichi juice. But in lunch, he made mango juice.

Xie Lian had told him multiple times not to do it and that it was not necessary to trouble himself with it. But each time Hua Cheng would just the same.

"Serving DianXia is my utmost pleasure. Please accept this humble serving from San Lang."

Xie Lian at one point gave up and just rolled with it. He himself wanted to make something for him too, but he was well aware of his bad cooking.

Recently though, Xie Lian had been getting better at cooking.

Turns out that the reason why he always had cooked so terribly was because of his bad luck. His cursed shackles would prevent him from giving the right amount of anything, as he would just guess any amount. All of the ingredients being in wrong ratios, the dish always turned out into some abomination.

But as his cursed shackles were now gone, he could give one amount based on his instincts and it wouldn't turn out that bad.

In any case, he was working on his cooking.

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian ate up in relative silence as Hua Cheng simply stared at Xie Lian the entire while eating. Xie Lian's face gradually turned red under that scrutinising eye of his husband.

After dinner, Xie Lian turned towards him and said, "San Lang, do you still have that mascara?"

Hua Cheng choked on nothing.

"Cough, yes. I do. Why do you ask?"
"Oh nothing." Xie Lian smirked.

Hua Cheng whined, "Gege."
"Hahahaha. Fine fine. San Lang, you really are so cute."

He sneaked a peck on his San Lang's cheeks. Hua Cheng kissed him back on the forehead.

Xie Lian chuckled, "But you are beautiful as you are. No need to apply anything else to your face."

Hua Cheng was quiet for a while before he said in a small voice, "Am I?"
"Huh?"
"Am I beautiful in Gege's eyes?"

Xie Lian's eyed widened. He had actually forgotten the main purpose of him seeing all those memories.

It was to get rid of his insecurities!

Xie Lian cupped Hua Cheng's face and spoke, "San Lang, you are beautiful. You are the most beautiful person to me in the world. No one is more good looking than you are to me. Inside out. You are the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on. And I am not exaggerating. This is what I feel from the bottom of my heart."