San Lang, I need a few ghosts

𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆,
𝒘𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒅, 𝒖𝒏𝒇𝒂𝒛𝒆𝒅, 𝒂𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒖𝒔.
𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖,
𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆,
𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓.

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒇𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓.

Xie Lian one day said, "San Lang. May I borrow a few of your ghosts? Just for a little business work."

Hua Cheng smiled, "Sure." He didn't even question what Xie Lian wanted to do.

Xie Lian's heart practically melted. His San Lang trusted him so much.

Hua Cheng ordered a few ghosts to come to the Paradise Manor, and within half incense time, they were present in front of him.

Hua Cheng spoke, "Gege, ask away."

Xie Lian said, "Thank you San Lang."

Xie Lian brought the mental image of Hua Cheng's father and said, "I need to make a spirit communication array for this with you guys. May I?"

The ghosts nodded, "His Highness' wish is our command."

Xie Lian then formed a spirit communication array. Xie Lian turned to Hua Cheng and spoke, "I will tell you after I am done showing them."

Hua Cheng suspected something was wrong but didn't say anything about it.

Xie Lian spoke in the communication array, "I want you guys to find this ghost." He then pictured it out mentally and showed it, "Search wherever you can, thoroughly. This is very important. No matter how long it takes, you must bring me his location. And one more thing, this matter is confidential. No matter what, don't tell anyone who exactly you are looking for. Not even to San Lang. Just say, DianXia assigned you people to look for a wrath ranked ghost. Nothing more. Understood?" His voice held the authority of a prince, a ruler of a kingdom, the flower crowned martial god that he once was. The ghosts nodded, "These lowly ones understand. We will definitely accomplish the task given by Taizi DianXia."

Xie Lian nodded and came out of the private communication array. He nodded towards the ghosts, and they scattered away. Hua Cheng asked, "Gege, what did you say to them?"
"Oh nothing. Just wanted them to look for a wrath ranked ghost."
"Work from the upper court?"
"Mhmm." Xie Lian lied through his teeth.

The next few days went peacefully. Hua Cheng was doted on by Xie Lian in every opportunity given. Hua Cheng was rather happy about it.

Not that Xie Lian didn't dote on him before, it's just that his aura when doting on his San Lang had changed. His look held more complexity as he now knew a lot more of Hua Cheng than before. His golden brown eyes held a thousand emotions in them when he stared at Hua Cheng. Pain, love, sadness, affection, acceptance, admiration, respect- and so many more that Hua Cheng can't name. They are just there, in his eyes.

When one would see them looking at each other, even if their faces held different expressions, their eyes held the same emotions in them. It was as if their eyes would mirror each other.

But even after a week or so, there was no news of Hua Cheng's god forsaken father.

Xie Lian let it be on hold for the moment, and started investigating that girl who turned into a civil god.