I'm yours to keep. And I'm yours to lose.

Y/N POV

The past year, I passed all the OWLS tests and got good grades, just like Hermione. Even with everything that had happened.

I was walking with Hermione to the very first class of the year, without Harry and Ron. We entered the classroom and I saw Mattheo. Next to his Slytherin friends. I didn't care that he was with them, I wanted to talk to him. The class hadn't started yet, so I still had time.

"Stay here, I have to do something." I said to Hermione

"Alright, but do quick." She replied

I stood up and walked to Mattheo.

"Hi theo, how are you."

All his friends turned around to face me. It was embarrassing, really embarrassing.

"Oh, yeah. Hi." He finally answered.

Silence

"Can... I talk to you in private...please." I told

He looked at Draco then followed me outside.

"What do you want?" He asked

"What do I want? Please Mattheo, you didn't answer any of my letters or anything."

"It's because I had better things to do."

"Better things to do?"

I realised that I raised a little bit my voice, so I took a moment and whispered.

"Better things to do? Are you serious? I had no idea of where you were or what you were doing all summer. We were supposed to see each other."

"Y/N, it was not the moment and you know it. Stop acting like a child damn it."

I slapped him.

"Do not talk to me like that. I am not a child or anything, you are in the wrong, you have no right to make me feel guilty."

He looked at me, he didn't move.

"Whatever."

"It's the only thing you can say? Whatever? Mattheo, we are together and..."

"Well we are not anymore."

"What?"

"Don't you understand? If I don't talk to you it's because I don't want you to be with me anymore."

I froze.

"So, what am I, something you can through away when you don't want it anymore?"

"Don't take it like that.."

His tone changed. He was not on the defensive now.

"We were best friends before being lovers, I can feel something is wrong Mattheo. You would never act like that...."

"Well maybe you don't know me. Maybe you have an idea of who I am and this is the real me."

"Stop, it's not true..."

"Yes it is Y/N, what are trying right now? To save us? To save our relationship?"

"Yes I am! Yes Mattheo! Because I love you!"

"No! No you don't love me Y/N! Come on! Look at me in the eyes and say that you love the Mattheo Riddle! Do it! You can't! That's the true!"

"I love you Mattheo!"

Silence

"The class is about to start, we should go inside."

"So you're leaving me like that? You're not even trying to save a little bit of us? What we went through all those years? God Mattheo you were my best friend!"