100%

Amara-

I woke up, it was still dark, granted I had fallen asleep at like 9 after eating.

I checked my phone, it was 3 am.

I sighed, almost completely awake as I stood, walking my slightly sore self to the kitchen, getting water.

I began playing Hugging You by Billie Marten and Tom, just quiet. It was enough for just me to hear, trying to avoid waking Thanatos up.

My eyes were swollen from crying, a reason I couldn't decipher since I was probably the happiest, most satisfied woman ever.

I felt stomps, frowning.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I turned and he just walked to me, setting the cup down as he grabbed my waist, pulling me against him.

I hugged him, his hand reaching and turning the volume of the song up.

Then with that hand he took mine, gently swaying with me.

"You know this song?" I asked.

He hummed.

I smiled, shocked with how quickly he decided to start dancing with me, no words or anything.

He began singing it, my heart hammering, butterflies swarming as he was pretty good at it.

His voice was so low but very beautiful, just naturally sad as well.

"On my feet." He whispered, my feet moving to stand atop his as he began leading me in a smooth, slow rhythm.

I hummed the parts Billie sang, he sang what Tom did, not loud, very quiet but so smooth.

It was like a hot coffee on a foggy, rainy fall day, in a cafe, with an oversized sweater and messy hair. That's how he sounded to me.

I leaned back to look at him, his eyes were shut, his forehead leaning down and meeting mine.

"I love you." I whispered.

He kept singing, but the corners of his lips were turned up.

Half of me wished the world knew how soft and gentle he was. But the other half loves that it's only me he's like this for.

He took my hand, placing it on his shoulder as he set his on my waist where his other hand already sat.

I shut my eyes, letting myself feel and experience the butterflies, allowing myself to feel joy and peace and excitement all together.

But most of all, I felt peace. I felt safe. The most secure place I could find myself was with him.

In his arms, his voice, touch, smell, even his face soothed me.

He was my drug, as ridiculous as it was, I'd struggle without him. I find upmost comfort within his presence.

He doesn't yell when he's upset, he never spits words to harm me or intentionally tries to hurt my feelings.

He's nothing but kind and patient. He doesn't require anything from me other than wanting me to try to understand him when he's upset.

"You know what I would love?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"To see you play with a bunch of children and puppies." I smiled.

"Yeah?"

"Mmhm." I nodded.

He pulled from me, taking my hand and twirling me in the middle of the kitchen before pulling me back to him.

"That could be arranged." He shrugged.

"You'd come with me to see the souls and play with them?" I smiled.

"I suppose I could." He answered.

I grinned, absolutely loving the mental image.

"Tomorrow?"

"Okay." He mumbled.

"Seriously?"

"When have I told you no, Amara?" He asked.

"Not at all, or at least since I could remember."

"My point."

"How are you feeling?" He asked, pulling his head back to look down at me.

"Sore." I nodded.

He smiled.

"How 'bout up here?" He touched my temple before holding my face in his hands.

"I'm good." I smiled.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I leaned up, kissing him.

"100%."

"Alright. Come back to bed, even if you're not tired. I want to hold you."