Fate. Reality. Destiny

Thanatos-

I collected my souls for the day, coming back and ensuring Ingrid fed her multiple times.

"Yes, six times today. She's also hydrated." She told me.

"For anything she requests, you grant it to her unless it's freedom. That I refuse." I said.

"Yes of course master." She bowed her head and I removed my cloak, setting it on the hanger beside her.

I knocked on her door.

She refused to come out, Hera and Aphrodite did come visit her occasionally as she wasn't comfortable with me.

That's why I wanted to wait.

I knew she'd be scared of me.

But there was nothing for me to do.

I held the pearl in the palm of my hand.

She opened the door.

Her eyes were wide, her heart rate spiked, she swallowed in fear.

She slowly moved to the side and I walked in, the room smelt like her, strawberries and tea tree oil.

She quickly moved to sit crisscrossed on her bed, her hands in her lap as I walked to her window.

"Will I ever be able to see my parents again?" She merely whispered.

I turned, looking at her.

So nervous, I could smell her fear.

"No, unfortunately." I tilted my head.

I could tell she'd been crying.

"Why is your intangible self warmer than your actual self?" She asked.

I had realized I hadn't let her ask anything, letting her stay curious in thoughts.

"I'm unsure. I'm warm to souls and although I touch you, it's technically your soul. But skin to skin I'm cold as death." I answered.

"You don't seem happy with this." She observed.

"I'm not a very positive person, little one." I mentioned.

"I can tell." She huffed.

"Could I ask for something? I don't want to come across greedy." She said and I nodded.

"Could I have my books? I-"

I snapped and immediately sent my workers to the mortal world for her request.

"Done. They should be here within 30 minutes." I shrugged.

"I-okay." She nodded, confused.

"I still don't understand why you have to marry." She murmured.

"Neither do I. But I don't have much of a choice." I faced her.

She seemed scared by my face, which didn't shock me, most people were, but it hurt a little.

I walked toward her, sitting on the bed.

"I scare you a lot don't I?" I tilted my head slightly.

She looked at her hands that sat in her lap.

"I know I do. It's alright."

"What happened." She mimicked what was on my face with her own, her finger pointing over her own eye.

"I take souls of bad people too, especially those not wanting to die. Some have claws, unfortunately my eye went with it." I spoke.

"I don't really remember though." I shrugged.