I Should Know

Amara-

I was slightly anxious but in a good way, I made Thanatos seem bright, even.

We walked down the steps, getting claps, flashbacks from when we get married, just better.

More ease.

I got down the steps, hugging Persephone, Aphrodite, Hades, Soteria, and Hera.

"Congratulations!" Aphrodite smiled before looking at Thanatos.

"Stealing your wife." She grinned before intertwining her fingers with mine, Persephone on my other side, her fingers intertwined with mine as well.

"When's it happening girl?" Persephone asked.

"It should've already. I don't know how Thanatos has actually waited this long. I lost my bet." Aphrodite frowned.

"What?" I blinked.

"When. Is. He. Gonna. Rail the shit. Out. Of. You?" Aphrodite asked.

"Uhm... I don't know?"

"Honey, no pressure, but I'm the goddess of sex, I know shit. He's beginning to egg you on kinda isn't he?" She smirked.

"Uhm, yeah actually. But I don't think he knows?" I said.

"Well, no pressure but when it happens, I need details. I'm having a dry spell." She grabbed a glass of champagne and sipped it.

I laughed.

"Okay."

"Good. Now I gotta go with Soteria to make sure Zeus's little spies aren't here." She kissed my cheek, walking away.

"That was vulgar." Persephone blinked.

I laughed.

"Not exactly unexpected though." I pointed.

"True."

"I know you weren't exactly a goddess until Hades if I have that right?" I asked.

"No, I'm a Demi." She smiled.

"Did it hurt?" I asked.

"No. If I were human I would've been split in half, but Hades took real good care of me. He made sure I was comfortable. Basically Thanatos just more outgoing and a bit more charismatic. If I'm being honest, I think Thanatos will care for you more than Hades did me." She handed me a glass of white wine.

She took red.

"Aren't you with everyone when it comes to him being an ass?" I asked.

She laughed.

"He's not a kind man. Nothing in him is giving or considerate. He's incredibly selfish and silent. He hates talking to people, hates these parties with every fiber inside him. He despises most party food, he hates when people comment on his antisocial behavior. He doesn't consider anyone's feelings in any comment he makes. He is truly a terrifying man." She shrugged, fixing my hair gently.

"However, I've seen him with you. Never have I seen a man so soft. He may not really show it in public but he's always standing so he's facing you and close enough to where you're in his view, he doesn't oppose these parties when it's about you, he choked Soteria to get into the room because she was being a cocky prick." She laughed, sipping her wine, nodding her head toward him.

He was just against a wall, hands in his pockets, watching people.

"He's a lot less gray. Literally, since you've been here. He's still an ass, but whenever it happens, he's gonna take really good care of you, Amara. It's not gonna hurt, and you're gonna heal so fast. It just gets better everytime." She grinned.