Favorite

Thanatos-

I turned, resting my hand on my abdomen.

Opening my eyes, I was shocked to see Amara standing with a grin on her face, looking down at me as she stood and I was lying on my bed.

"Goodmorning." She tilted her head.

I groaned, turning from her, clutching my pillow and pulling it against me.

"Wake up." She poked my shoulder.

I didn't answer.

"You realize I marry you in 6 days and today is the day I have to dress shop?" She said.

"And?"

"I thought I'd be nice if I made us both breakfast, we eat together like civilized people, then I'll be gone for a while." She answered.

I turned.

"Gone? Gone where." I said.

"With Aphrodite, Hera, Hades, Persephone, Soteria, and Athena." She looked confused.

"Why?"

"To go dress shopping."

"But why do you have to leave?" I whispered, wiping my eyes.

"Because? I don't know. I made food, do you want breakfast with me or not?" She asked.

I sat up, sighing.

I still don't understand why she had to leave.

I stood and she gaped at me, especially my abdomen.

She touched my wrist.

"You're getting warm." She tilted her head.

"Don't pretend to be confused, little one." I walked past her and to my bathroom.

I brushed my teeth quickly, she watched me quietly.

-

I sat and ate with her, I could sense her anxiety.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I don't know." She murmured.

"My darling, I can tell something is bothering you. Was it what I said earlier about you leaving?" I prompted.

She nodded.

"Talk to me." I said.

"I feel like you're not okay with it. But I don't understand why." She shrugged, eating a fresh cut strawberry.

"I'm... fine with it. You have to understand that I'm incredibly protective over you. I don't care if you're with Soteria, if you're not with me, I trust no one, I believe anything can happen." I shrugged.

"I think that's the most feelings I've ever heard come from your cold, ridged heart." She smiled, teasing.

Her dimples... I loved them.

If only she knew what happened in my mind, then maybe I wouldn't seem so cold.

"Don't expect it all the time." I glared and she chuckled.

"It'll be alright." She tried reassuring me.

It wasn't gonna do anything. If I wasn't there, it meant jack shit.

"I want update through the day. When you leave places, when you go somewhere else. I want to know." I told her.

"Yes sir." She whispered and my gut stirred, my pants tightening.

"Say it again." I leaned forward, my elbows on the table, my attention devoted to her beautiful face.

"I said yeah?" She looked confused. But so innocent.

"No, what did you say. The first time." I pressed.

"Yes sir?" She asked.

She was lost, it was the prettiest thing, so unsure, so confused.

"You're like the men in those books." She murmured.

"Hm?" I asked, no longer interested in eating.

"Those guys, in the books I like, typically stereotypical billionaires but they like being called sir." She pointed.

"Yeah? Tell me about your favorite book." I studied the way she sat and ate although I had it all memorized.

"In general or like that?" She asked.

"Anything, what's your favorite book ever?" I sat back, curious.

I knew what it was already.

The Love Hypothesis.

"The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood." She said.

"Why?"

"I love how strange yet quirky Olive is. I also love how Adam pines for her. For years. I love her writing, it's so young adult, but so cute." She gushed.

I listened to how her heart hammered quicker as she spoke about it.

"Is he what you may call a "book boyfriend"?" I asked.

She smiled, her face beamed.

"Yes! He's so cute." She nearly squealed.

"I also love Beach Read by Emily Henry. Gus is absolutely adorable as well." She grinned from ear to ear.

When she smiled, you can tell if it's real or not.

If it isn't, she's just beautiful, but if it's real, she glows, you can barely see the color of her eyes as the smile reaches her eyes and creates crinkles, her dimples fall deep, and she's just perfect.

"You like the darker looking guys who are soft and broken and socially awkward but slightly smart?" I asked, knowing it was a yes.

"In books, absolutely."

"How about real life? What do you usually go for?" I asked.

"I like blondes, I usually try to avoid airheads though which gets hard." She shrugged.

I hummed.

"But I'd never really thought or truly desires to date." She shrugged.

Thank gods for Aphrodite.

"Understandable." I nodded.

She stood, "I should start getting ready."

I stood as well and before she passed me, I grabbed her throat and gently stopped her, my body towering over hers, heat beginning to boil.

"Tell me where you are. So many souls are in the underworld, Amara. You're the only mortal. Some work for Zeus. Tell me where you go, when you leave somewhere, and when you get somewhere else. Stick with people at all times, trust no one, have someone even go in the dressing rooms with you. Not Hades, but a female. I'm not joking." I warned, she nodded quickly, her pulse rapidly rising under my hand.

Such a pretty thing.

"Be safe." I released her, kissing her hair and she walked past me so fast.

"Amara." I said and she turned on her heel, avoiding eye contact so she looked past me.

"When you're done getting ready, before you leave I'd appreciate you saying bye to me and letting me know when you go." I informed her.

"Yes sir." She turned and walked away.