Life & Death

Amara Quinn-

I panicked, my window wide open.

I clutched the covers, my heart hammering through my ears.

I grabbed my phone, powering on my flashlight.

I screamed when a man was standing in the corner of my room.

"Hey-" I cut the low voice off.

"I'll call the cops!" I got ready to call them, my phone taken from me before my mouth was covered and I was pushed into the mattress.

"Amara, I need you to calm down." The voice was low, raspy, and nothing short of absolutely terrifying.

I couldn't see and I trembled, my adrenaline pumping through me.

His hands moved along my face, almost endearingly.

Ice cold.

"You're going to have to calm yourself. You're coming with me, you're going to be safe, I promise." He murmured.

"What? I-I don't know what you want but just let me be." I knew that's not how this works but I wasn't really here.

I felt my body begin floating, I passed out.

-

I woke up, sighing.

I looked around. It hadn't been a dream.

I stood, barely able to see in the dark lighting.

I saw a shiny gold knob.

I twisted, but it was locked. I was locked in here.

I panicked, hammering my fists on the door.

"No one's here to help, my darling." A low voice said and I cowered, not facing it. Why did it seem so easy in books for women to be so strong.

I felt nothing but gut wrenching fear.

"Don't be so scary. She's terrified." A female suddenly came near me.

"Amara, my child, my name is Aphrodite." A hand came along my back, providing so much warmth to the cold bite of the room.

"Turn around please. I'll explain everything to you." She said and I did, her hands holding mine.

I was met with a beautiful woman who had an aura of a yellow shade.

I looked behind her, a 6'6 black shadow that was just dark. I saw nothing but a silhouette of a body.

"Look at me. Not him." She grabbed my face and smiled when I had.

"You're as beautiful as I imagined. That sounds creepy to you doesn't it? Alrighty then, I'm Aphrodite, Goddess of Beauty and Love and basically desire." She said and I blinked.

"I need you to open your mind, my pearl. Gods this is harder than I thought." She chewed her lip.

What dream was I in?

"Hello." Another woman came up to me.

"I'm Hera." She offered her hand and I took it, oddly feeling a comforting circle around me.

But I was in shock.

"Y-I'm lost." I whispered.

"Let's bring you to the beginning." Aphrodite brought me to the bed I had awoken in, sitting me down.

She sat and so did Hera but the bed didn't even sink with their weight.

Then I realized Heras aura was slightly pink.