Chapter 11: Zenitsu Agatsuma, Tsuzumi Mansion Part 1

Tanjiro and (Y/N) were walking down a road in the middle of nowhere when a crow came flying towards them while cawing, catching the two demon slayer's attention.

"SOUTH-SOUTHEAST! SOUTH-SOUTHEAST! YOUR NEXT GOAL IS TO THE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST!" It cawed loudly.

"I got it, I got it! Could you quiet down a bit?" Tanjiro pleaded, but now someone screaming 'Please!' caught their attention.

They looked further down the road and saw a guy with yellow and orange hair on the ground screaming with a girl.

 "PLEASE! I DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL DIE! SO I WANT YOU TO MARRY ME! PLEASE?" The guy continued his screaming, never quieting down.

"What the-" (Y/N) was cut off when a sparrow came flying towards him, chirping loud and fast while somehow pointing towards the guy whose hair looked like yellow bacons.

(Y/N), not understanding what the bird was trying to chirp, looked over to Tanjiro. "Do you understand flying creature language?"

Tanjiro chuckled before letting the sparrow land in the palm of his hand. "Let me see." 

The bird started chirping non-stop, and it was like Tanjiro and the sparrow understood each other clearly, like they spoke the same language.

After the bird was done chirping, Tanjiro nodded and exclaimed. "Okay I get it! I'll do something!"

"HELP ME! MARRY ME!!" The weird guy kept yelling, but was stopped when someone yanked him up from the ground by his collar.

"WHAT'RE YOU DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD?! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THIS GIRL DOESN'T LIKE IT?! AND QUIT UPSETTING SPARROWS!" Tanjiro scolded the yellow haired boy, while (Y/N) went over and helped the woman up off of the ground.

"Wait! That's a Corps uniform! You were at the Final Selection!" The weird guy exclaimed.

"I DON'T KNOW ANYONE LIKE YOU! TRUST ME!" As Tanjiro's scolding carried on, (Y/N) made sure that the woman was okay.

"Are you okay, miss? Did he hurt you?" The (H/C) haired boy asked, concerned.

"I'm fine, thanks for helping out-" The woman was cut off by the yellow haired dude yelling again.

"THAT GIRL LIKES ME! SHE'S GONNA MARRY ME!" After he finished his sentence, he got slapped in the face by said woman. Tanjiro immediately held the woman back while trying to calm her down.

"WHEN DID I EVER SAY THAT I LIKED YOU?! YOU WERE CROUCHED AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. YOU LOOKED SICK, SO I ASKED IF YOU WERE ALRIGHT!" The woman screamed, fed up with the actions of the weird guy.

"You didn't come over because you thought you might like me?!" The guy was in disbelief.

"I'm already engaged to someone, so definitely not! If you're healthy enough to harass me, you're fine. Goodbye!" After that outburst, the engaged woman stormed off.

"Why did you interfere?!" The weird guy whined while looking at Tanjiro. "And why are you looking at me like that?! And you as well?!"

Tanjiro and (Y/N) looked at the guy in front of them with disgust

Tanjiro and (Y/N) looked at the guy in front of them with disgust. "WHY'RE YOU STARING AT ME LIKE I'M SOME PITIFUL CREATURE?! STOP IT! I HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS! IT'S YOUR FAULT I'M NOT GETTING MARRIED!"

At this point (Y/N) decided to ignore the two's arguing and started reading the book given to him by Urokodaki. He tried memorizing the moves and how to do them, then reading into the experiences his great grandfather had while being a hashira.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

After even more arguing, the weird guy, now known as Zenitsu Agatsuma, finally calmed down and everyone introduced themselves to each other.

After a bit of chatting, another crow came flying towards the three demon slayers.

"CAW!!! QUICKLY! QUICKLY! TANJIRO! ZENITSU! (Y/N)! RUN! THERE IS A DEMON IN A NEARBY MANSION!"

After the crow was done giving orders, Zenitsu freaked out, because it was his first time hearing a talking crow.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

The trio was now standing before a large building in the middle of a forest, silence filling the air.

"I smell blood. And also something I've never smelled before." Tanjiro looked at the entrance.

"Huh? Smell? What smell? What about the sound? And are we gonna work together on this?" Zenitsu, who finally calmed down said.

"Sound?" (Y/N) asked, looking at the yellow haired boy next to him. "I can't hear anything."

Tanjiro looked to the side, noticing two kid, hugging each other, probably siblings. He approached them.

"What are you two doing in a place like this?" Tanjiro tried asking, and kneeled down on the ground.

Noticing they were pretty scared, he pulled out Zenitsu's sparrow. "Tadaaah! I pulled a sparrow out of thin air!" 

It chirped a few times. "See? It's cute." After the two kids calmed down, he approached them. "Did something happen here? Is this your house?"

"N-no.." The boy responded. "It's a h-house.. of m-monsters! It took our older brother! We were out walking at night.. and without even looking at us, it took my brother!"

"So he's in that house?" Tanjiro asked just to make sure, to which he got a nod. "And you two followed? Wow.. I'm impressed! You two are so brave!"

"H-he was h-hurt, so w-we followed his spilled b-blood." The boy sniffled. Tanjiro tensed at the last sentence, now knowing that the brother was wounded.

"Don't worry. We'll beat the bad guy and save your brother." The burgundy haired male stated confidently.

"What he said!" (Y/N) yelled in from the background, now calming the two siblings down.

"R-really?"

"Yes, I promise." Tanjiro nodded.

"Hey, what is that sound? It's starting to bug me. And it won't stop. Like a tsuzumi." After Zenitsu finished, a man came flying out of a window of the mansion, falling flat on the floor.  Blood splattered everywhere, so Tanjiro immediately blocked the two kids' view.

(Y/N) rushed over to see if the man was alive or not. "Are you alright?!" He asked, worried.

"I.. got... away..." The man muttered out. "Agh.. I got out.. I'm.. outside... but.. am I... dying? Am I.. about to... die?"

(Y/N) didn't know what to do, so he tried keeping pressure on the man's deepest wounds, but he got distracted by a loud scream coming from the mansion, then drums being hit violently. He now knew that whatever kind of demon was in there, it would not be an easy fight.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I hope this was alright, I know I didn't do my best on this one. No proofreading so I'm sorry for mistakes.